News Article: Coach Saban won't mess with Lane Kiffin's play-calling rhythm

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/08/nick_saban_says_he_wont_mess_w.html#incart_river

I think this confirms my thoughts that Coach Saban wouldn't get involved with Coach Kiffin's play-calling skills. This could be a huge opportunity for Kiffin to truly show what he can do with our offense this fall and I think he'll do great. Think about this for a minute: White, Black, Cooper, Yeldon, Howard, Henry, Drake, Fowler, Stewart, Falkins..... wow, What a match up nightmares for the opposing teams. I like how Coach Saban said that he would provide suggestions between the series as opposed during the drive and that tells me a lot about who truly call the plays.... We do know there was lot of "conversations" between Nuss and Saban during the season on the sideline and it wasn't pretty at times. If everything holds true to what we read in the article, we may see some of the glimpse from USC days.... but lot of new wrinkles... SO EXCITED!

I do expect Alabama to try and use limited playbook plays for few weeks, so don't be surprised if we don't see anything special for first four games..... and that's a good thing...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/08/nick_saban_says_he_wont_mess_w.html#incart_river

I think this confirms my thoughts that Coach Saban wouldn't get involved with Coach Kiffin's play-calling skills. This could be a huge opportunity for Kiffin to truly show what he can do with our offense this fall and I think he'll do great. Think about this for a minute: White, Black, Cooper, Yeldon, Howard, Henry, Drake, Fowler, Stewart, Falkins..... wow, What a match up nightmares for the opposing teams. I like how Coach Saban said that he would provide suggestions between the series as opposed during the drive and that tells me a lot about who truly call the plays.... We do know there was lot of "conversations" between Nuss and Saban during the season on the sideline and it wasn't pretty at times. If everything holds true to what we read in the article, we may see some of the glimpse from USC days.... but lot of new wrinkles... SO EXCITED!

I do expect Alabama to try and use limited playbook plays for few weeks, so don't be surprised if we don't see anything special for first four games..... and that's a good thing...
I don't believe he has ever been too involved with any OC's play-calling. Only when he had to. Like 2013 LSU. He told the reporter at halftime that Bama was going to run the ball in the second half. And he didn't say it very kindly. I would not have liked to have been Nussmier when he told me that we were going to run the ball in the second half. I suspect it was about then that Nuss decided he had best find another gig, and Saban decided he had best find another OC.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I don't believe he has ever been too involved with any OC's play-calling. Only when he had to. Like 2013 LSU. He told the reporter at halftime that Bama was going to run the ball in the second half. And he didn't say it very kindly. I would not have liked to have been Nussmier when he told me that we were going to run the ball in the second half. I suspect it was about then that Nuss decided he had best find another gig, and Saban decided he had best find another OC.
Yeah, his comments indicate that this is how he's always done it, so no difference here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.