Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Exclaim Previews 2014: Florida Gators

Will Muschamp is fighting for his coaching life at Florida. If the Gators aren't significantly more competitive than they've been the last three years, this will be the end of the line for the animated Muschamp. Unfortunately for him, if the Gators finish at the predicted 7-5 with losses to Georgia, South Carolina and Florida State, it probably won't be enough. On top of that, this team is dealing with massive turnover and uncertainty at several key positions.

Read More...

2. Advertisement

Re: Previews 2014: Florida Gators

I have them at 8-4 - I think they take LSU at home...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Previews 2014: Florida Gators

Thanks for the write-up and analysis...great job, as always.

FYI: Coach Muschamp has named (Fr.) Treon Harris as #2 QB on the depth chart behind starter (Jr.) Jeff Driskel for the first game against Idaho.

A four-star prospect, Harris was rated as the No. 123 overall player in the country in the 247Composite, an industry-generated recruiting ranking. He was the No. 4 athlete in the country and the No. 18 player in the state of Florida.
    The backup quarterback will be Treon Harris going into this game," Muschamp said. "There was really no separation from a backup standpoint. That's nothing that's been made for the long term, no one has been redshirted. All of those guys have done some good things and we're going to move forward week to week there.
    http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Tr...orida-30579253

I will not make a won-loss prediction for Florida - but will say (in my opinion) the coaching changes (O.C. and O-line) will make a world of difference in how this team performs this season...as compared to 2012. (2013, IMHO, cannot be included in the discussion due to all the injured starters).

We'll see what happens. Going to be a very interesting season.