9 year old accidentally kills shooting instructor

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I agree with 92 on this one. Why in the hell would you let a 9 year old go full auto with an uzi without helping them hold it - worst case?

Personally, a 9 year old should be shooting a .22 or a 4-10...maybe a .243 but a single shot nonetheless.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

A dead "instructor" and a emotionally scarred 9 year old.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree with 92 on this one. Why in the hell would you let a 9 year old go full auto with an uzi without helping them hold it - worst case?

Personally, a 9 year old should be shooting a .22 or a 4-10...maybe a .243 but a single shot nonetheless.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

A dead "instructor" and a emotionally scarred 9 year old.
and if a 9-year old is shooting, it should not be taking place at a roadside attraction.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I grew up shooting guns and started at a young age. I've let both of my daughters shoot both my .44 mag, and .45 auto when they were around this little girls age. When they shot them, I was directly behind them with my arms around them with their hands in mine to absorb and help them handle the recoil. Granted they started out on smaller caliber guns and had safety drilled into their heads.

I don't have a problem with the the age of the girl shooting, nor do I have a problem with the fact she was shooting an Uzi. The problem I have is the fact that the instructor wasn't in position to help her steady the weapon on full auto. As high a rate of fire as they have, and being noted to have a substantial muzzle rise.....I'd say yes, the instructor should posthumously be awarded the Darwin Award.

He should have at bare minimum, loaded it with no more than 5 rounds in the magazine. A full mag in an Uzi on full auto in the hands of an novice adult, much less a nine year old, is begging for bad things to happen....

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I don't have any words to describe this...but maybe we should amend the constitution to say that you have to have an IQ of over 50 before you can even get near a gun? The stupidity here is mind boggling....
Well, apparently the stupid one got killed so from a gene pool perspective it worked itself out.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I grew up shooting guns and started at a young age. I've let both of my daughters shoot both my .44 mag, and .45 auto when they were around this little girls age. When they shot them, I was directly behind them with my arms around them with their hands in mine to absorb and help them handle the recoil. Granted they started out on smaller caliber guns and had safety drilled into their heads.

I don't have a problem with the the age of the girl shooting, nor do I have a problem with the fact she was shooting an Uzi. The problem I have is the fact that the instructor wasn't in position to help her steady the weapon on full auto. As high a rate of fire as they have, and being noted to have a substantial muzzle rise.....I'd say yes, the instructor should posthumously be awarded the Darwin Award.

He should have at bare minimum, loaded it with no more than 5 rounds in the magazine. A full mag in an Uzi on full auto in the hands of an novice adult, much less a nine year old, is begging for bad things to happen....
I thought of this after reading your post...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I see no valid reason to do either with a 9 year old. This has nothing to do with gun control or the second amendment. It has everything to do with common sense.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I see no valid reason to do either with a 9 year old. This has nothing to do with gun control or the second amendment. It has everything to do with common sense.
I don't have a problem with her shooting, but she needs to have an appropriate gun for her age. Maybe a .22 or something.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No I don't have an issue with her age. I have an issue with the gun being used but even so, this is the height of irresponsible supervision.

I feel so bad for that girl. She'll never be the same.:frown:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.