NFL Cuts from Yesterday -- Former Bama Players -- The Ones I could Find

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I saw that Jax Jags cut Belue and Antoine Caldwell
Mike Johnson was put on IR by the Falcons

Did anyone else see any Bama players cut yesterday?

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
I saw that Jax Jags cut Belue and Antoine Caldwell
Mike Johnson was put on IR by the Falcons

Did anyone else see any Bama players cut yesterday?
Hated to see Caldwell cut by Jax. He couldn't hang with Houston Texans and now has been cut by the Jags. I know Antoine personally. I attended a church with him in Montgomery. If I recall correctly, he played for Robert E. Lee H.S. in Montgomery. He's a great young man, but once a player starts getting bounced around to different NFL teams, it usually doesn't end well.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
Jerrel has had quite a journey over the last few years according to his wiki page...

The Broncos were his 6th NFL team since going undrafted in 2012. I sure wish him the best, but it seems like he's having a tough time catching on.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Jerrel has had quite a journey over the last few years according to his wiki page...

The Broncos were his 6th NFL team since going undrafted in 2012. I sure wish him the best, but it seems like he's having a tough time catching on.
He just needs to keep on plugging. For some guys it's a journey until they finally fall into the right system. But as long as Jerrell is getting picked up, he's getting paid, so I hope he doesn't give up. sip

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Sad for Hubbard and Steen....as well.....
Packers signed Hubbard to practice squad this afternoon - promising possibilities given the problems Capers has had developing any kind of pass rush-coverage hybrid backer (other than a healthy Matthews Jr.) If Hubbard can just seize the opportunity - he showed some flashes in camp and had a couple of sacks in the preseason against No 2 and 3 OLs.

Wish GB would also take a shot with Steen and reunite him with Lacy - OL Derek Sherrod, Packers' No. 1 pick out of Miss State three years ago, had "bust" written all over him from Day 1, but they refuse to face the reality that he's either on the PUP list or languishes in taking up a roster spot.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Panthers add Robert Lester to the practice squad (which is where he started the season last year and was later brought up and played in 13 games, starting in 4).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.