Chef in China dies after severed cobra head bites him

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've always known that a severed viper head can deliver a potentially fatal bite. What makes this so interesting is that particular snake spits as a first defense. (You do not want to get its venom in your eye, which it's aiming for.) They strike as a last resort. I guess that, when you now exist as a severed head, that's the last resort. Also, it had no body with which to strike (coil, etc.). Interesting that it could even bite. Pit vipers can't really "bite" in the true sense of the word. In this country, probably hemisphere, the only poisonous snake which "bites" is the coral snake. It has to bite and worry its fangs in, making possible for most to shake it off before its neurotoxin can get into the season. Bottom line, this sounds like a one in 100K occurrence, or more...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've always known that a severed viper head can deliver a potentially fatal bite. What makes this so interesting is that particular snake spits as a first defense. (You do not want to get its venom in your eye, which it's aiming for.) They strike as a last resort. I guess that, when you now exist as a severed head, that's the last resort. Also, it had no body with which to strike (coil, etc.). Interesting that it could even bite. Pit vipers can't really "bite" in the true sense of the word. In this country, probably hemisphere, the only poisonous snake which "bites" is the coral snake. It has to bite and worry its fangs in, making possible for most to shake it off before its neurotoxin can get into the season. Bottom line, this sounds like a one in 100K occurrence, or more...
it was a one in a million shot doc

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.