News Article: 24 years ago today we lost a great one - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
On May 4, 1989, Stevie Ray Vaughan kicked off a tour that ended up comprising three legs, 147 shows and 18 months. It all came to a stop on Aug. 27, 1990, when a helicopter carrying the guitar player and three members of Eric Clapton‘s touring circle crashed after a show in Wisconsin, killing everybody on board.

Read More: 24 Years Ago: Stevie Ray Vaughan Dies in Helicopter Crash | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-ray-vaughan-dies/?trackback=tsmclip
Only had the privilege of seeing him once when The Fabulous Thunderbirds (with brother Jimmie) was the opening act.
Here is a little taste of his greatness:

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I saw him @ the NOLA JazzFest the previous April. Simply amazing, from start to finish. I've seen a lot of live music, but SRV is right there at the top. Unreal to see in person.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Unbelievable talent taken before his time. He sounded as good or better live with some of his extended jams. I was a guitar player in one of several small time bands when he hit the scene. The first time I heard him play live, I was still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor long after the show ended! When he played runs behind his back that were very difficult for many excellent players to play normally, I was just in awe!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.