JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SEC Previews and Predictions, Week 1
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
August 27th, 2014 11:53 PM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Aug. 27, 2014 Last season’s record: 93-20 (82.3%) It’s time again to crank up the Prediction Machine and start rolling out our best guesses as to what’s going to happen in the SEC in 2014. Last season was a pretty good one for the Predictions Dept., which was on the […]

Read More Here

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Why can't I see Bama's?
Coming soon :)

PS> If you good folks like what you read here on TideFans.com, please be sure to share with your friends via Facebook, twitter, email, and other "share this" links :) THANKS! Remember, we're free and remain online through the good graces of those advertisers supporting the site !

Coming soon :)

PS> If you good folks like what you read here on TideFans.com, please be sure to share with your friends via Facebook, twitter, email, and other "share this" links :) THANKS! Remember, we're free and remain online through the good graces of those advertisers supporting the site !
Oh I do! Too many auburn friends have deleted me because of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I don't know why but reading this prognostication reminded me of Leonard's Losers. I always really enjoyed listening to his picks. They added a certain informality to sports that is becoming more commercialized and professional. It might be kind of neat to see if some of our more restive members here. An come up with some good impersonations.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Bret Bielema brings his collection of Hogs to the loveliest village on the plains Saturday afternoon for an old fashioned SEC brawl with the Auburn tigers. This game has historically been close, but the swine from Fayetteville have fallen on hard times and are no match for the Gus Bus and his rapid fire offense. Those expecting to see a close game better set their sights on where to find the best barbeque after the game in Lee County. Leonard's Loser: Arkansas

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I think Tennessee loses. That many losses on the LOS in the SEC is going to lead to a painful year for them.

I hope UGA destroys Clemson so that when FSU does it, the talking heads don't think UGA is that much weaker than FSU.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think UThug loses as well . Utah St is no slouch, and Keeton is a handful. I think Ole Miss really struggles also.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Is it too late for me to change my entire Vanderbilt team assessment? (g)

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
You might want to update your USC forecast as well while you are at it. I think we learned a lot last night.
To be fair to USC, they've had these almost-wholesale changeovers in the past at times and were able to come through them. Lorenzo Ward is a good defensive coordinator and they may be the best staff in the conference at developing those high 3-star/low 4-star guys into something.

But sooner or later, you're going to roll craps. That may have finally happened to them last night.

Vanderbilt, on the other hand, looked like a completely different organization than it did 8 or 9 months ago when Franklin was there.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have a lot of respect for those who make predictions. I couldn't do it.

But I've wondered all along while listening to and reading the preseason predictions for this year, how could so many people sound so certain with their predictions, considering we have so many changes this year.

I guess at some point you have to make your picks.

But this is going to be a crazy season this year - in my opinion we're in for a LOT of surprises.

And that's not always a bad thing as long as YOUR team keeps winning. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.