JessN: 2014 Previews: Tennessee Volunteers

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
If win-loss records were determined by bravado and bull hockey, Tennessee's Butch Jones would have a team in the national title game every year. Jones has done a good job selling the illusion of improvement, but the Vols had better hope he can continue to recruit well – because success in the present day isn't coming. Tennessee might have the league's worst offensive and defensive lines simultaneously, certainly a first for this program and maybe the first for any SEC program not named Vanderbilt. Aside from a few bright spots at receiver and an above-average linebacker corps, Tennessee doesn't have much. Hitting .500 this season would be a major accomplishment.

Read More...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yea I don't understand why some of the people in the media/radio are high on UT. They are seriously talent deficient at almost all positions. Getting good recruits is great but that is just the first step. You have to grow and develop those players. Also each recruiting class should be something that you build on for the future not something you exclusively depend on during their first year..

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I believe the current UT coach has shown respect for Fulmer...

I hope Fulmer never lives to see Tennessee win another big game.

This isn't a death wish directed at him, I just don't want him to ever experience the pleasure of seeing the Vols win again. If he lives another twenty years, that's ok, as long as they keep losing.

Last edited:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
CFN has tennessee winning 32-28 - IOW it's a bit of a toss-up, though a slight lean towards tennessee. That's how I see it. I think tennessee has a lot more talent than US and that's probably the only reason they win.
For a second I thought you meant US as in us, before I realized you meant Utah State.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.