FEMA loans forgiven in Louisiana

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Tragic. It's called a loan for a reason.
Yeah. As usual, I am not so much concerned by the instance but in the precedent.
If the US was never going to experience another disaster, it might be acceptable. But this ain't the last hurricane/earthquake/tornado the US is ever going to experience and now we will need to appropriate more money to to fill the coffers for the next one.
Plus, it is a blatant vote-buying scheme. Take money from every other state to give to Louisianans (and hope nobody notices) so Mary Landrieu might have a chance to win re-election.
And for the record, it's wrong when Republicans do this as well. There is a reason the Founders wanted the Federal government held to its enumerated powers, so the people have a chance to catch the malfeasance by office holders. There so much of this crap going on, nobody can police the office holders.

Last edited:
Yeah. As usual, I am not so much concerned by the instance but in the precedent.
If the US was never going to experience another disaster, it might be acceptable. But this ain't the last hurricane/earthquake/tornado the US is ever going to experience and now we will need to appropriate more money to to fill the coffers for the next one.
Plus, it is a blatant vote-buying scheme. Take money from every other state to give to Louisianans so Mary Landrieu might have a chance to win re-election.
Why couldn't they forgive my student loans?! Sad!! Lol

Nah, seriously, you're right. I'm tired of these schemes to stay in power, but more than anything it's hurting the working man.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Landrieu is the sister of the current mayor of New Orleans and daughter of a past mayor. She's old money, Louisiana style, and is as honest as any Talmadge, Long, or Barbour who ever held office.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.