USCw Running back Anthony Brown quits team, calls Coach Sark "Racist"

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
I don't even know what to think about that. Reading the article, it sounds like he was injured and couldn't play, and Sark asked him to stick around and help out the team, but he refused. Is Brown saying Sark wanted him to work for the team without getting paid, and thus the "slave" remark? There must be more to this, but ...well.... I have no idea.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Has he called the Rev. Al Sharpton yet? You know, we can't have racist coaches in Collegiate athletics!

Al needs to travel to LA, not Louisiana or Lower Alabama, and interview all football players on the team, then have a national news conference in Prime Time. In the news conference he can complain that Kiffen is no longer there and was replaced by a racist!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
This reeks of a player upset about something, and trying to take the coach down with him. The kid that just got caught lying about his injuries was black, and Sark was defending him tooth and nail. This to me sounds like a player who was either not getting the playing time he wanted, or he was being disciplined for something, and so he decided to retaliate by making a scene. I don't for a second buy that sark is a racist.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Coach did the only thing he could by offering an open invitation to the media to talk to anyone in or near the program regarding the allegations

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
With one player lying and another calling the coach a racist, I'd be looking at taking the Under for their win totals this season. The Pac-12 has a great group of QBs and the lack of togetherness will manifest quickly if this guy had any friends in the locker room. Plus, USC still has a serious lack of depth from the sanctions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.