BamaNation First Team

How many spots do we have left?

Womack makes number 23. So if we have no back counter spots then we only have two places open. We sure have a lot of players left that we are after. I don't guess we can stuff 30 players into a 25 player bag, huh?

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: How many spots do we have left?

Womack is the 22nd commitment. No need to count Daylon Charlot as a commitment at the moment.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team

Usually around this time of the year, the coaches have a pretty good idea who will fill the last few spots. There's always the one occasional surprise but everything has pretty much lined up already for NSD

BamaNation First Team

I think we finish with Cager, Payne, Jefferson, and Prince.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer91 View Post
    I think we finish with Cager, Payne, Jefferson, and Prince.
    I`d sure take that quartet and call it a year, myself! Do hope Prince, particularly, comes with us. Just can`t have too many OL and DL IMHO.

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Charlot is gone. Many do not expect Moton to be a part of this class either.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Charlot is gone. Many do not expect Moton to be a part of this class either.
    LSU?

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

LSU?
    IIRC, eligibility....

FB | REC Moderator

LSU?
    LSU doesn't appear to be a threat for Moton, but academics are a real concern. We've had some over the years make it despite having started in worse academic standing, but it's by no means a guarantee. He has made some progress in the classroom, but qualifying expects to be close.

Not saying he doesn't make it, mind you, just saying that when doing rough calculations of the class numbers, his academic status should be taken into consideration.

BamaNation First Team

I would really like another RB, Damien Harris.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

BET, curious about whether Kerron Johnson could/would flip if he was guaranteed the opportunity to play RB at Bama. If so, would it depend on Harris?

And might there be room for Mixon in the class?

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    BET, curious about whether Kerron Johnson could/would flip if he was guaranteed the opportunity to play RB at Bama. If so, would it depend on Harris?

Me too. Things are tight, I would assume. Can`t have more than 3-4 slots left (?).

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

A Johnson flip in that scenario, I think, could be a real possibility, but that's really just all speculation on my part. For the time being, Harris is our intended target at RB, and as long as we have a fighting chance with him, there is no real need to re-think Johnson. If we can somehow sign Harris -- I wouldn't bet on it, but it wouldn't exactly be shocking either -- then I think we are absolutely done at tailback.

And no, I don't think there will be room for Mixon, barring a lot of attrition within the current ranks and/or strikeouts with other uncommitted prospects. I just can't envision a scenario where that works out.