BamaNation All-SEC

Keith Mixon-does he get a firm offer?

Read on another site that it's really possible that he gets a firm, committable offer soon. I know Coach Saban isn't big on the "package deal" thing but I'm wondering if that helps Bama with Daron Payne if Mixon signs with Bama.

I've seen video of Mixon and while I don't think he could be an every down RB, he could be VERY effective as a slot receiver/punt returner/kickoff returner. Kind of like Darren Sproles was for the San Diego Chargers/NO Saints for years.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Keith Mixon-does he get a firm offer?

If he continues to have performances like tonight, he'll get more attention from Auburn and Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Here's an interview he did with AlabamaIntel about his visit to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Seems like he wants to flip but just hasn't gotten the offer, yet.

As of now, Mixon is still committed to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, but admitted an offer from the in-state Crimson Tide would have a huge impact on his recruitment.

“As you know, I am committed to Mississippi State right now, so I will always have that if Alabama does not offer me. Like I said earlier I have always loved Alabama and it is my dream school.”

Mixon, who already plans to return to Tuscaloosa for the Florida game as well as the Iron Bowl, revealed to AlabamaINTEL his area recruiter UA offensive line coach Mario Cristobal would be coming to watch him play in one of his next few games. This is a developing situation that must be watched CLOSELY in the foreseeable future…stay tuned!
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I would see nothing wrong with Mixon getting an offer. Kid is electric plus getting Payne as well would be a bonus.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I would see nothing wrong with Mixon getting an offer. Kid is electric plus getting Payne as well would be a bonus.
    The thing I like about him is that in addition to being fast is that he plays a lot bigger than 175 lbs. Tough runner and not afraid to go across the middle or take a lick.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think he will. I think we miss on Harris and Patrick. Since he could be a slot guy, I think we miss on Godwin. Those three going elsewhere likely means we will offer Mixon, but it'll be a while.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tide could be turning for Mississippi State commit Keith Mixon to get an Alabama offer

"They look at me like a Christion Jones, Marquis Maze kind of guy," he says. "They talked about my stats and they were impressed. Hopefully they do offer. If they don't, I'll just go to Mississippi State. I'm satisfied with Mississippi State; I really like Mississippi State."
    He sounds like a kid just waiting for the offer and wants to commit the moment he gets it.
    Coach Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He sounds like a kid just waiting for the offer and wants to commit the moment he gets it.
    That's exactly what I took from those comments.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

His size and style of running reminds me of Mark Ingram in HS.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict if he get's a Bama offer that he'll flip.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by derek4tide View Post
    His size and style of running reminds me of Mark Ingram in HS.
    Even coming out of HS, Mark had about 4 inches and 40 lbs on Mixon.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    Even coming out of HS, Mark had about 4 inches and 40 lbs on Mixon.
    Actually, Mark was 5'10 and 195 according to Rivals.
    Coach Bryant