Keith Mixon-does he get a firm offer?

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Read on another site that it's really possible that he gets a firm, committable offer soon. I know Coach Saban isn't big on the "package deal" thing but I'm wondering if that helps Bama with Daron Payne if Mixon signs with Bama.

I've seen video of Mixon and while I don't think he could be an every down RB, he could be VERY effective as a slot receiver/punt returner/kickoff returner. Kind of like Darren Sproles was for the San Diego Chargers/NO Saints for years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If he continues to have performances like tonight, he'll get more attention from Auburn and Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's an interview he did with AlabamaIntel about his visit to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Seems like he wants to flip but just hasn't gotten the offer, yet.

As of now, Mixon is still committed to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, but admitted an offer from the in-state Crimson Tide would have a huge impact on his recruitment.

“As you know, I am committed to Mississippi State right now, so I will always have that if Alabama does not offer me. Like I said earlier I have always loved Alabama and it is my dream school.”

Mixon, who already plans to return to Tuscaloosa for the Florida game as well as the Iron Bowl, revealed to AlabamaINTEL his area recruiter UA offensive line coach Mario Cristobal would be coming to watch him play in one of his next few games. This is a developing situation that must be watched CLOSELY in the foreseeable future…stay tuned!

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I would see nothing wrong with Mixon getting an offer. Kid is electric plus getting Payne as well would be a bonus.
The thing I like about him is that in addition to being fast is that he plays a lot bigger than 175 lbs. Tough runner and not afraid to go across the middle or take a lick.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I think he will. I think we miss on Harris and Patrick. Since he could be a slot guy, I think we miss on Godwin. Those three going elsewhere likely means we will offer Mixon, but it'll be a while.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Mixon is a tiny little beast of a player. Very much enjoyed watching him. Best athlete that Bama let slip is Richard McBryde who is from my HS. He had a great day on defense.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
One very important thing to not is that Bama is Mixon's dream school and would play his heart out, on one leg if necessary, to secure a win!! Heart is not a quantifiable stat, but can make the difference in how a guy plays.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
One very important thing to not is that Bama is Mixon's dream school and would play his heart out, on one leg if necessary, to secure a win!! Heart is not a quantifiable stat, but can make the difference in how a guy plays.
So if we offered, he'd flip?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.