Game Thread: aTm @ USC

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
No, if aTm held the ball for 37:38, that means the aTm defense was only on the field for 22:22 - vs the 28 mpg the Alabama defense was on the field in 2012-2013.

IOW, having a HUNH offense doesn't mean you wear your defense out, as some here seem to suggest - if the offense is effective, you hold the ball just as long.
Oh okay. I thought you were referring to USC with your TOP argument.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No, if aTm held the ball for 37:38, that means the aTm defense was only on the field for 22:22 - vs the 28 mpg the Alabama defense was on the field in 2012-2013.

IOW, having a HUNH offense doesn't mean you wear your defense out, as some here seem to suggest - if the offense is effective, you hold the ball just as long.
All offenses can explode for a quick score and put their defense right back on the field. Bama does that occasionally.

However, even KS's offense is more nickle and diming down the field with the occasional big YAC play or bomb.

So I agree with you that the more prolific your offense is the more you'll control the TOS and if you score a lot like A&M your defense can give up a few more points.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So I agree with you that the more prolific your offense is the more you'll control the TOS and if you score a lot like A&M your defense can give up a few more points.
But the point is the defense doesn't have to give up more points. If the defense is really good, the offense simply has greater TOP.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Re: Kudos to Kenny Hill

Only more games will tell whether this was a case of a great ATM offense, a subpar USC D, or somewhere in the middle.

Biggest ATM D weakness appeared to be in secondary, so hopefully Bama WRs were watching and licking their chops.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Kudos to Kenny Hill

aTm honestly reminds me of the air raid teams Texas Tech had when Mike Leach was there. Remember those teams? They would throw the ball all over the lot with Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree. They would almost always win 9 or 10 games per season but I never remember them winning the Big12 or going to a BCS bowl. The reason for this is they never really had a complete team. Texas Tech during those years always had a weak defense. Conversely, think about that aTm had Manziel, Evans, Matthews, Christine Michael etc and they haven't won the west yet. aTm has the same problem those Texas Tech teams had : no defense. aTm offense won't play like they did against USCe every night. And when they don't they will have to rely on their defense..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.