Game Thread: Ole Miss vs Boise St

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
They need to go home and paint their field green.
I was a fan of Boise back in the Ryan Dinwiddie days. They've done well with different coaches but they're done. Losing Petersen is the nail in the coffin. The thing is, they won't have any chances to schedule big games anymore. Their time as a fly in the ointment is over. No one cares about a 8-4 MWC team.

35-13 looks much better than the halftime score.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
just saw Mike Leech on tv.... whatever happened to his teams? His last great Red Raider offense played against our D in the Cotton Bowl in which we won on a wobbly line drive FG. Then he went to WSU and haven't heard from him since
He's a pirate with no ship or crew.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Man, I stop watching at 7-6, and it ends up 35-13? What in Sam Hill happened? Did somebody suddenly inject Wallace with a healthy dose of brains late in the game? Good news - blue ponies can go eat grass and shut up. If they can't do better than that against an OM team that played totally undisciplined football for at least one half, they have just silenced all of their talking-head boosters.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I thought the Black Bear defense was solid against questionable competition, but the offense was awful, even with the late scoring flurry. Offensive line looked weak, no running game, and Wallace is the same old Bo. Mix in some questionable coaching from Freeze and company and stir...and you get 7-8 wins.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Ole Miss' offense has a glaring flaw. It cannot run between the tackles or "north and south". Against Boise St's undersized defense Ole Miss had a very hard time getting short yardage down and distances. Ole Miss, as USCe appears to be overrated.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Ole Miss' offense has a glaring flaw. It cannot run between the tackles or "north and south". Against Boise St's undersized defense Ole Miss had a very hard time getting short yardage down and distances. Ole Miss, as USCe appears to be overrated.
I agree. They handed Boise chance after chance last night to go up big and Boise gave it right back to them. I'm not as high on OM's defense as some others seem to be either.

USCe looked absolutely terrible on defense.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Man, I stop watching at 7-6, and it ends up 35-13? What in Sam Hill happened? Did somebody suddenly inject Wallace with a healthy dose of brains late in the game? Good news - blue ponies can go eat grass and shut up. If they can't do better than that against an OM team that played totally undisciplined football for at least one half, they have just silenced all of their talking-head boosters.
I used to hear that all the time while growing up in Alabama. Who was Sam Hill?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.