Link: Alabama starting sims vs wvu

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I don't get it. Blake has done nothing to show me he is ready to be the starting QB. In the little time he has played, the offense has looked like it was moving through molasses. Surely he isn't going to be the QB for the rest of the season, so what is going on here? Is CNS sending a message to Jacob, is he trying to motivate him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What would that say about Coach Saban if true? He wouldn't be much of a coach and he'd be an even worse man. All the evidence so far indicates otherwise don't you think?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't get it. Blake has done nothing to show me he is ready to be the starting QB. In the little time he has played, the offense has looked like it was moving through molasses.
I'll go ahead and call President Bonner and advise her that our coaches have no idea what they are doing. We here at TF.com, having not been in practice every day, are far more informed.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
If he does Blake can be a really good QB in his own style..If h's allowed to be what he is & that's a true Dual Threat QB..It's a big change to what we're used to & Coach Saban as well...We shall see tomorrow..
If he can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIruNJ6FN3A at this level, you're talking about a nasty offense with our RBs and WRs. I mean butt nasty!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..Exaclty..Coaching Saban & our coaching staff has been in this situation before..Coach Kiffin was brought in cause he's coached up QB's, both Pro Style & Dual Threat, Coach Kiff will build our offense around what Blake does best & our offense will fine, and has the potential, to be as explosive as any offense we've had at Bama..I'm warming up to the idea of Blake running our offense & am actually excited about it to be totally honest..As you stated Brad..Have faith in Coach Saban..He knows exactly what he's doing..
I'll go ahead and call President Bonner and advise her that our coaches have no idea what they are doing. We here at TF.com, having not been in practice every day, are far more informed.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't get it. Blake has done nothing to show me he is ready to be the starting QB. In the little time he has played, the offense has looked like it was moving through molasses. Surely he isn't going to be the QB for the rest of the season, so what is going on here? Is CNS sending a message to Jacob, is he trying to motivate him?

This I will agree with. However, Aj didnt impress in his limited time as backup and we know how that turned out.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Maybe it's simpler than that. You've never seen Blake play with the first string and a full playbook, and Jacob still hasn't beaten anybody out as a college quarterback.

JC may better look the part, but to quote Moneyball: "We're not selling jeans here."

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I'm worried we all saw "Blake being Blake" in the A-Day Game(s). I really hope I'm wrong.
Well, the A-day game is kind of an anti-QB game.
They are down by touch. They have a limited offensive package. He was also playing against our Defensive Line. And, since he is down by touch, our CBs could focus more on playing in coverage. Everything about A-day indicates that he would play better in a real game. Now, we might have seen his arm. But, we didn't see his game.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Well, the A-day game is kind of an anti-QB game.
They are down by touch. They have a limited offensive package. He was also playing against our Defensive Line. And, since he is down by touch, our CBs could focus more on playing in coverage. Everything about A-day indicates that he would play better in a real game. Now, we might have seen his arm. But, we didn't see his game.
I know all of that, and you're right. But I'm still worried because we all saw Coach Saban yelling at Sims that he is allowed to run. If he can't be poised and composed in a spring game...

Please don't misunderstand. If Coach believes in him, then I am behind him 100%. Still, I'm cautious about it.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know all of that, and you're right. But I'm still worried because we all saw Coach Saban yelling at Sims that he is allowed to run. If he can't be poised and composed in a spring game...

Please don't misunderstand. If Coach believes in him, then I am behind him 100%. Still, I'm cautious about it.
So now he's not poised or composed because he didn't run? Most say he isn't poised because he does run.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If CNS had announced that Coker was starting after barely separating himself from Sims I'd be nervous about Coker too.

It's natural to have first game gitters, even from the couch or stadium seat!

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I'm glad that tomorrow we will have something substantive to talk about regarding the QBs..
I just hope after tomorrow, people will stop referencing A-day or Blake's garbage time with the 2nd and 3rd string offense in the final minutes of a blowout.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.