Link: Alabama starting sims vs wvu

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
I don't think Blake has earned the spot, so much as Jacob hasn't. Blake will be the starter, which basically means he will play the first snap, but I'm sure we will see both QBs. If Jacob can't win out, that means he's not as good as I hoped, and that would mean we are in trouble. If Blake Sims is the best QB we have, this will be a long season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why don't you just hold off bashing him at least until we get to see him play today. I've never seen such irrational dislike for a player on our team.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I'll grant you that Jacob is a bit of an unknown right now, but at least I know he has a strong arm and a big body. He has real upside. I don't know for certain that he is a great QB, but he has the all the physical tools that make it possible.

Before Jacob transferred I was very worried about who would start this season. Cornwell and Bateman are not ready, and I don't trust the talent of Morris or Sims. So, when Jacob transferred I thought, well at least this guy might be something. We need Jacob to step up and win the job, or we are looking at a difficult season.

I'll grant you that Jacob is a bit of an unknown right now, but at least I know he has a strong arm and a big body. He has real upside. I don't know for certain that he is a great QB, but he has the all the physical tools that make it possible.

Before Jacob transferred I was very worried about who would start this season. Cornwell and Bateman are not ready, and I don't trust the talent of Morris or Sims. So, when Jacob transferred I thought, well at least this guy might be something. We need Jacob to step up and win the job, or we are looking at a difficult season.

What about Jake's accuracy? You aren't concerned about that?
Why don't you come out and just say you think Sims sucks as a QB?

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Why is there such crazy dislike for Sims. The guy has never been allowed to run the whole offense in a live game situation. Give him an opportunity. My LORD some of you people make me want to scream. I hope he has a great game. If he does I'm coming back on here and letting all the haters have it. I'll come roll your yards like it's Toomer's Corner if I can find your houses. The offense will have some zone read and option elements to it is Blake is in the game, and I don't think that's a bad thing. The coaches have raved about his improvement. Let's wait and see if it is true or all a smoke screen before labeling him the worst QB in Bama history.

and Crimson Flyboy SHUT UP!!!!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Why is there such crazy dislike for Sims. The guy has never been allowed to run the whole offense in a live game situation. Give him an opportunity. My LORD some of you people make me want to scream. I hope he has a great game. If he does I'm coming back on here and letting all the haters have it. I'll come roll your yards like it's Toomer's Corner if I can find your houses. The offense will have some zone read and option elements to it is Blake is in the game, and I don't think that's a bad thing. The coaches have raved about his improvement. Let's wait and see if it is true or all a smoke screen before labeling him the worst QB in Bama history.

and Crimson Flyboy SHUT UP!!!!
I get what you are saying but it's best not to stoop to their level. We may be on the verge of another great season and yet some want to look for any negative they can find. I for one am excited about getting the season started today. Roll Tide everybody!

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
I don't think that expressing concern is labeling either guy as the worst QB in Bama history, or even "hating on" either of them. There are, imo, legitimate concerns with both of them, but that doesn't at all mean I have a problem with Jake or Blake.

Best of luck to both of them. I have no dog in the fight, I just want the Tide to win. Roll Tide.

I don't think that expressing concern is labeling either guy as the worst QB in Bama history, or even "hating on" either of them. There are, imo, legitimate concerns with both of them, but that doesn't at all mean I have a problem with Jake or Blake.

Best of luck to both of them. I have no dog in the fight, I just want the Tide to win. Roll Tide.
I understand legit concerns. We all are concerned, but if you go back he says if Sims is the man we are in for a long season. That's not concern, that's judgement.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Plain and simple. Sims will have to play himself out of the picture. Saban has no choice but to let it play out on the field. Risks losing half the team if he doesn't.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Plain and simple. Sims will have to play himself out of the picture. Saban has no choice but to let it play out on the field. Risks losing half the team if he doesn't.
I believe that the players can make the judgment who is the best player when the game starts. They want to win and believe they will be fair. If it is not Sims I believe Sims (going on an article I read) will be on the front line cheering Coker on. Best of luck to Sims.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
it's not dislike guys just because someone thinks we'll be better with one QB over the other. It's an opinion. could be an unpopular opinion either way. I have an opinion. it doesnt mean i dislike either one of them but it is my own personal belief.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.