Link: Alabama starting sims vs wvu

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I hope he plays well. As long as our O-line plays well it won't matter who our QB is.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I pray that after tomorrow, everyone will stop bringing up A day when it has nothing to do with his progression.I pray that everyone will stop nitpicking on his weakness and start focusing on his strength. I pray that everyone who wasn't for him, will eventually realize This boy has talent and he deserve the respect as a player and the chance to showcase what he can do. I pray that He plays so well that he shuts up so many critics out there and I'm not dropping any names or anything.... I pray that Both QBS have an amazing year and they lead us to championship. I pray that no matter what happens tomrorow, we as a fan appreciate our team as a whole instead of focusing on QB situation... Coach told us not to worry, and yet.. we are doing that.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I pray that after tomorrow, everyone will stop bringing up A day when it has nothing to do with his progression.I pray that everyone will stop nitpicking on his weakness and start focusing on his strength. I pray that everyone who wasn't for him, will eventually realize This boy has talent and he deserve the respect as a player and the chance to showcase what he can do. I pray that He plays so well that he shuts up so many critics out there and I'm not dropping any names or anything.... I pray that Both QBS have an amazing year and they lead us to championship. I pray that no matter what happens tomrorow, we as a fan appreciate our team as a whole instead of focusing on QB situation... Coach told us not to worry, and yet.. we are doing that.
Amen! Preach it!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If Blake can consistently be accurate on slants, out routes and screens.....we'll be fine. Put the ball in the hands of playmakers and let em play

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I don't get it. Blake has done nothing to show me he is ready to be the starting QB. In the little time he has played, the offense has looked like it was moving through molasses. Surely he isn't going to be the QB for the rest of the season, so what is going on here? Is CNS sending a message to Jacob, is he trying to motivate him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well if he's going to be asked to run a pro style offense i'd agree with you. But we dont know yet. on the other hand, if he is going to play to his strength which is running that leaves out a lot of skill in our WR's downfield.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
well if he's going to be asked to run a pro style offense i'd agree with you. But we dont know yet. on the other hand, if he is going to play to his strength which is running that leaves out a lot of skill in our WR's downfield.
Here's one thing that really confuses me. I keep seeing general refferences that we need Sims to be able to pass downfield to open up the offense, with the assumption that he can't (which isn't really true). But, no one discusses the fact that if he uses his ability to run as a weapon, that will in fact open up the offense as well. We all know Nick Marshall isn't a great passer, but he sure as heck gashed some teams with the pass, because they had to defend against the run.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
What would that say about Coach Saban if true? He wouldn't be much of a coach and he'd be an even worse man. All the evidence so far indicates otherwise don't you think?
No, I don't. It doesn't make a man a bad man to kick his players in the butt in order to motivate them.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
You seem to think Blake hasn't earned the job and Coach is using him to motivate Jake somehow. That would not be fair to either guy IMO if true.
I don't think Blake has earned the spot, so much as Jacob hasn't. Blake will be the starter, which basically means he will play the first snap, but I'm sure we will see both QBs. If Jacob can't win out, that means he's not as good as I hoped, and that would mean we are in trouble. If Blake Sims is the best QB we have, this will be a long season.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I don't think Blake has earned the spot, so much as Jacob hasn't. Blake will be the starter, which basically means he will play the first snap, but I'm sure we will see both QBs. If Jacob can't win out, that means he's not as good as I hoped, and that would mean we are in trouble. If Blake Sims is the best QB we have, this will be a long season.

I do think Jake has a higher ceiling than Blake but I admit that is based solely on what I've heard from so called experts. That said, I have confidence in our coaches and believe Blake has improved. Coach Saban has admitted to being surprised at the progress Blake has made. Coach Kiffin is known for developing QB's and I can't wait to see the results today. Roll Tide!

So you are saying Blake Sims can't get any better. You're saying you lost confidence in CNS, right? He did make the call.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
So you are saying Blake Sims can't get any better. You're saying you lost confidence in CNS, right? He did make the call.
I just haven't seen anything out of him that makes me feel confident. This isn't just about the lack of results when he has led the offense, I haven't seen any real skill in him. He doesn't have a strong arm, and lacks the ability to stretch the field vertically. I trust CNS knows best, and that Blake must starting for a good reason, but it might very well be that we just don't have any competent QBs right now. That's scary. I hope Blake proves me wrong, but this makes me very nervous.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

i never thought much of Greg McElroy in the beginning either but he led us to a NC.

lets wait and see how this thing goes before we declare it to be trouble.

I just haven't seen anything out of him that makes me feel confident. This isn't just about the lack of results when he has led the offense, I haven't seen any real skill in him. He doesn't have a strong arm, and lacks the ability to stretch the field vertically. I trust CNS knows best, and that Blake must starting for a good reason, but it might very well be that we just don't have any competent QBs right now. That's scary. I hope Blake proves me wrong, but this makes me very nervous.

Ok I got you. But what has Jake shown you? Blake has run and thrown for TDs in games. A-Day is a glorified scrimmage that's scripted so you can't give me that, but like I asked what has Jake shown you?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.