Link: Alabama starting sims vs wvu

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Was there any doubt he would get first snaps? We have known for a while that he would start and Coker would come in later.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I dunno. I had no clue who would start (and really still don't.) I'd love to see Sims play the first half and have an incredible game and then Coker finish off the second

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I think to overtake the senior Blake Sims that Jake Coker has to be noticeably better to get the job. I support Blake and hope he does great. Saban could be laying down the challenge for Jake. (sounds like a motivation tool that Bear would use).

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I honestly think Blake has earned the right to be our starter & I think he's going to be fine running our offense..The beauty of our offense is it rely's on our running game & not the arm of our QB..Blake knows our offense & he knows what Coach Saban demands & expects from our QB..If he doesn't do what he's told & makes bone headed throws or mistakes..Coker will come in & take over..Blake can make all the throws cause they mostly screens & short to medium ranged passes..And with Blake running abilities..I'm actually excited cause if we take advantage of his running abilities..We can be an explosive & exciting offense.. And it opens the door to recruiting Dual Threat QB's we've never truly recruited at Bama..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll listen to the rest of you guys, but I'm not downloading somebody's app (even CBS), giving them all kinds of permissions, in order to get their opinion. Reminds me of the Facebook "Like" game. Most people have no idea of how much control of their machine they've surrendered, when they "Like" a site...

CrimsonTsunami

Scout Team
Jan 27, 2010
Birmingham
I'm very happy for Sims. He's worked hard and has earned the start. I'm looking forward to him making the most of his opportunity and also looking forward to seeing Coker take some snaps and progress as well. Ultimately, it's up to the players surrounding Sims and/or Coker to rally around him and help to elevate his game by making blocks, getting open, and running and holding onto the football.

CrimsonTsunami

Scout Team
Jan 27, 2010
Birmingham
I'll listen to the rest of you guys, but I'm not downloading somebody's app (even CBS), giving them all kinds of permissions, in order to get their opinion. Reminds me of the Facebook "Like" game. Most people have no idea of how much control of their machine they've surrendered, when they "Like" a site...
I know what you mean, but just by being connected to the net we've sort of signed our lives over to our ISPs and their affiliates.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Unless Blake Sims arm strength has improved tremendously our running game will be hampered by the lack of a vertical passing game. Safeties can stay in the box to help contain him, and to have more bodies to throw around in the short passing game. The play action deep ball might be missing this year. I'm not saying Coker is better, just that from what we've seen of Sims the vertical passing game will suffer. Regardless of the quarterback under the center you can bet the defense will force us to utilize the quarterback to beat them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
it really scares me that we have a 5th year qb starting for a potential title chasing team. I agree, blake has earned a start because of his loyalty to the program, but, when I look around the 5th year starters I don't see many succeeding with different schools. then I see other programs winning big with freshmen, sophmores. after watching texas A@M last night, all I can say is johnny who? a sophomore Kenny hill destroys usc. sumlin sure has his program on a roll, with a few additional def freshmen, and outstanding receivers. I just wish we had someone to throw to our potentially outstanding receivers. it just scares me if we don't have a down field threat. the game is changing, and there is a lot of talented qbs. we need to get one that is more than a game manager. I still think coker will be the starter.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'll believe who the starting QB will be when I see him under center once the game begins.
CBS isn't going to convince me that they have inside info no one else does.
sip

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Unless Blake Sims arm strength has improved tremendously our running game will be hampered by the lack of a vertical passing game.
It's been said other times, but his arm strength is not the issue. Any more than say, Jay Barker's arm strength was an issue...

It's just something people keep saying. The initial reports on Coker/Sims actually has Coker as the one who was struggling on the deep pass (because he was overthrowing, but still).

it really scares me that we have a 5th year qb starting for a potential title chasing team. I agree, blake has earned a start because of his loyalty to the program, but, when I look around the 5th year starters I don't see many succeeding with different schools.
Yeah, it really sucked having AJ last year.

Last edited:

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Happy for Sims if this holds true; but, at the end of the day, our OL is going to dictate how our offense performs.

If the OL can perform to Bama's standard, our RBs will rule the day and all we'll need is a QB who 1) doesn't fumble the hand-off; and 2) can adequately run a play-action and get the ball to one of our tremendous receivers in space.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.