hypothetical: which win would mean the most to you?

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I had this thought while driving the other day.

Flash forward to June 2015 Alabama is a few months out from winning the first playoff championship (remember I said hypothetical) Which win would feel the best simply as a matter of who we beat ( this way you take the NC factor out of the decision)

1. Beating Auburn 35-3

2. Shutting out Oklahoma

3. Beating FSU with a last second TD pass by Coker

Obviously beating Auburn is always fun, but the other would be enjoyable and quite hilarious as well.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
All of those would be great, but first and foremost, beat that team from across the State. That is a goal that should always be a primary requirement for a 'successful' season.

Roll Tide!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Flash forward to June 2015 Alabama is a few months out from winning the first playoff championship (remember I said hypothetical) Which win would feel the best simply as a matter of who we beat ( this way you take the NC factor out of the decision)

1. Beating Auburn 35-3

2. Shutting out Oklahoma

Obviously beating Auburn is always fun, but the other would be enjoyable and quite hilarious as well.

#3 since that would probably be for the title and we would have beaten Auburn already. ;)

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Reading comprehension is hard... :-/

:biggrin2:

The OP stated that we won the National Championship and all three of these results were a part of that process. The question was which of these three wins would you feel the best about a few months after we had won the National Championship.

Under that scenario, I'd have to go with shutting out Oklahoma; it would be nice to see Stoops served up a nice, big helping of crow.

:biggrin:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

1. Beating Auburn 35-3

2. Shutting out Oklahoma

Of the 3 choices given 1. Beating Auburn 35-3 (hands down, no debate, my final answer)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

The OP stated that we won the National Championship and all three of these results were a part of that process. The question was which of these three wins would you feel the best about a few months after we had won the National Championship.

Under that scenario, I'd have to go with shutting out Oklahoma; it would be nice to see Stoops served up a nice, big helping of crow.

Oops I didn't read the long paragraph. Hey it was early and the Friday before our first game. I have an excuse. ;)

In that case...beating Auburn would be my choice.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

I wasn't going to say that :D I figured maybe I didn't make that clear enough thanks though!!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The FSU win would be nice, but I'd rather us beat the hell out of them than just barely squeak by.

Auburn is always a thorn in our sides. Oklahoma and Stoops have really ticked me off lately. But I'm sickened by what transpired over the past year and a half with FSU. They need to go down, and go down hard.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
The national championship game would be most satisfying for me. In order of most satisfying to least:
1. The national championship win over FSU
2. Waxing OU
3. Beating AU

I would actually put an SECCG win as 3 and the Iron Bowl as 4, but that wasn't the OP.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
All of those would be great, but first and foremost, beat that team from across the State. That is a goal that should always be a primary requirement for a 'successful' season.

Roll Tide!
Usually, you don't want to put too big an emphasis on one game but this is the Iron Bowl! And ... as long as we play the 'barn, we'll have to beat them to have any NC aspirations.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.