Pakistan's Army chief meets to resolve political crisis

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...my-chief-in-effort-to-end-khan-s-protest.html

I do think it's interesting how several countries such as Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt and Thailand have that elephant in the room. Thankfully, Egypt's army saw through the façade of the Muslim brotherhood supported by Obama, and removed them from power.

Syria is fighting that battle as well. As much as I hate to say this, I hope Assad and his cronies win. We've already seen what happens in Iraq when you create a power vacuum.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...my-chief-in-effort-to-end-khan-s-protest.html

I do think it's interesting how several countries such as Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt and Thailand have that elephant in the room. Thankfully, Egypt's army saw through the façade of the Muslim brotherhood supported by Obama, and removed them from power.

Syria is fighting that battle as well. As much as I hate to say this, I hope Assad and his cronies win. We've already seen what happens in Iraq when you create a power vacuum.
Not sure how I feel about Assad winning now but you make a very valid point.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The other advantage to Assad winning is stomping out religious extremism. Yeah, they are muslims but not in the extremist sense. Neither was Saddam or Mubarak. Even Gaddafi was a little bit of a nut and periodically played up the religious fervor but that was more to work the masses. He was in the Libyan military and again, wasn't the extremist type except when it suited his needs to maintain control.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.