Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. WVU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum94

Scout Team
Feb 27, 2012
Joplin, MO
Roll Tide!!! Going to hammer through 4 hours of running a Friday night Karaoke party at a local bar and then back home to sit in front of the TV and wait to cheer on the Boys From Bama.. No chance I'l be sleeping tonight. I'm just so ready for the season to begin!!!!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Bama generally does well against QBs that aren't mobile. Bama generally has had problems with QBs are are mobile and have good WRs. If they have an arrest record (Jefferson, Manziel, Newton, Marshall, Garcia)... then Bama has even more trouble.

A guy that can't move around much ain't gonna be a big problem.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well when you play these teams below..that streak is understandable.

William & Mary
Marshall
marshall
coastal carolina
liberty
villanova

etc...catch my drift? ;) Last time they lost an opener was when they played a decent team in Wisconsin in 2003.

sounds a lot like the stat they gave during the Texas A&M game about Spurrier.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Two things I'm most eager to see:
1. A dual threat QB in our offense. I'm looking forward our opponent facing some of those "shoulda had em, but he converts the dang third down" moments that we've so often been on the wrong end of. Also looking forward to how good our offense can be with BS and CLK. The more we get Coop, Jones, Howard, Black, and Drake the ball in space, the more touchdowns we score, plain and simple. Sims can do that.
2. Penetration from the front seven. All night long. Pettway, Allen, Robinson, Anderson, and Tomlinson disrupting plays in the backfield. "Affecting" the quarterback in a way that involves slamming his behind on the turf and doesn't feature a completion. Maybe even a few sacks. I'm gettin' crazy y'all.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I believe a bit of the ennui is that we're entering the game as a 20+ point favorite. WVU just hasn't made any noise since RichRod left. I hope the team's attitude doesn't mirror the fans', or we could be in for a long afternoon...

If there is then we're golden. Our QBs haven't been playing in a spread system for 4-5 years like Kenny Hill. I expect Sims and Coker to improve a lot. Hill will play worse in most of his games.
Oh yeah. He's on the radar now. Not to say he wasn't before.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I believe a bit of the ennui is that we're entering the game as a 20+ point favorite. WVU just hasn't made any noise since RichRod left. I hope the team's attitude doesn't mirror the fans', or we could be in for a long afternoon...

ugh...please don't say that. :( I hope they have no mercy tomorrow.

I am am here and very excited. Just tired with my boys running wild in my house right now. They are excited for a three day weekend.
Oh, I know you are excited! My wife is excited too and exhausted because she is home alone with my kids and pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think the team will be more than ready to go emotionally but that it could be a long frustrating afternoon anyway because of erratic execution.

When CNS is already asking the fans to be patient with the offense it doesn't make me feel too confident in clobbering WV by 4TD's like many are expecting. We will win...but by 14-17 imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.