Game Thread: ****Bama vs. WVU****

Status
Not open for further replies.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
In all fairness, the D has only given up 10 points. While it's not 2011 or 1992 defensive level, we're doing pretty well on that side of the ball. WV is not FAU or FIU or North Texas. We are playing a pretty decent team.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I don't think I'd go as far as great defenses being dinosaurs, but I do think we have to learn to accept results which include more yards against us than we would have thought possible a few years ago...
I agree I against the hunh. I am beginning to think we just have to be content to get stops when we can and outshoot em. Can't afford special teams breakdowns in those games though

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I don't think I'd go as far as great defenses being dinosaurs, but I do think we have to learn to accept results which include more yards against us than we would have thought possible a few years ago...
Probably true, but it is difficult to adjust to a Bama defense that has a history of completely shutting down the competition. Times are changing and it appears we will have to out gun the opposition in the future.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Today (and Thursday night's games) are just the tip of the iceberg IMHO of what to expect this season.

It's going to be a very interesting - if not very surprising - season for most, I expect.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
In all fairness, the D has only given up 10 points. While it's not 2011 or 1992 defensive level, we're doing pretty well on that side of the ball. WV is not FAU or FIU or North Texas. We are playing a pretty decent team.

true, but we have had the ball a lot. I think I am more concerned on not stopping them.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Today (and Thursday night's games) are just the tip of the iceberg IMHO of what to expect this season.

It's going to be a very interesting - if not very surprising - season for most, I expect.
Tend to agree but I'm sure we *will* win another NC :) if not this season, then another one. This season though, I don't see anything that causes me to worry that CNS has forgotten how to coach and bring em in. RTR!!!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
My only issues with the offense are the lack of OJ Howard and no vertical passing whatsoever. The defense looks poor. Where is the push from the D line? That's incredibly disappointing.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
My only issues with the offense are the lack of OJ Howard and no vertical passing whatsoever. The defense looks poor. Where is the push from the D line? That's incredibly disappointing.
Yep, I want to see our TEs get the rock every now and then. Would love to see if Sims can complete a deep pass too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.