Really hoping our guys find an answer to the HUNH!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Offenses like WV is going to score lots of point, even the best of the best D's in college football, is going to give up points to the explosive HUNH offenses like WV..All you can do is limit their scoring & slow them down with adjustments as the games evolve & that's exactly what we did in the 2nd half..This was the 1st game of the year & you have to expect mistakes, 1st game jitters from the young boys, and that exactly what we saw tonight..I thought our coaching staff made the exact adjustments at halftime & our players did a great job of executing those adjustments..Our Boys has the potential to run the table this year & play for the NC..Just sit back & enjoy the ride..Cause I loved what our offense did & they will only get better, and even more explosive as the year rolls on, Blake did better than we all expected & thought he would..And of course our RB's were awesome as usual..It's going to be a fun year..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
almost every stop is from them dropping balls while wide open. this doesnt make me feel good about our defense.
And why did they drop them? Or center the ball way over the QB's head?

Maybe they were feeling the pressure. Whether it was real or not isn't the issue. If it was in their mind, then we played a part in causing it. (Of course, I have no way of knowing. You have no way of knowing it wasn't.)

We won.........and CNS has lots of film room material. Let's move on.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Offenses like WV is going to score lots of point, even the best of the best D's in college football, is going to give up points to the explosive HUNH offenses like WV..All you can do is limit their scoring & slow them down with adjustments as the games evolve & that's exactly what we did in the 2nd half..This was the 1st game of the year & you have to expect mistakes, 1st game jitters from the young boys, and that exactly what we saw tonight..I thought our coaching staff made the exact adjustments at halftime & our players did a great job of executing those adjustments..Our Boys has the potential to run the table this year & play for the NC..Just sit back & enjoy the ride..Cause I loved what our offense did & they will only get better, and even more explosive as the year rolls on, Blake did better than we all expected & thought he would..And of course our RB's were awesome as usual..It's going to be a fun year..

^^^^ Awesome post. :)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
They only ran 69 plays and scored 16 pts. Also we stopped them in the redzone. On their TD Sylve had great coverage but White made a good play. Decent day overall but can improve.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I like George O'Leary's approach to defending the HUNH. Last year before the Baylor bowl game I saw some film where he threatened to send a player back home to UCF if he caught him shifting again in the pre-play set. He said "you get set and play the player in front of you". He simplified the defense and it was effective, they won.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
We looked a helluva lot better than Free Seafood University did tonight.
Yeah, if we have to worry about the HUNH then they should be terrified.
In order for FSU to win, it required a pick six, a dubious penalty that extended a FSU TD drive, and a turnover by Oklahoma St., as they entered FSU territory late, poised to take the lead.

We can look at Alabama, and sweat over the outcome, but Alabama was as close to making it a blowout (allowing the return TD, the dropped pass deep) as they were allowing it to be a one score game. FSU is just plain lucky to win...

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I didn't think the corners were all that bad tonight. Yes they got beat some plays but every one does in every game.

WVU receivers made 5-6 GREAT catches with good, tight coverage. Catches that would be incomplete more than half the time.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I don't care how many times I re-watch the film, I will NOT be happy with Bradley Sylve's play. Not trying to hate on the kid because I think he came in as a ATH/WR type and never hit it off on offense so they moved him to see if he could play. Same for Cyrus.

But with the best DB coach in the country and some big time talent we need to be out there teaching them and/or letting them learn. I'd much rather see a scenario like 2010 because it gave Milliner a lot of PT even though he wasn't ready and after he suffered a good bit that year he came out and shut everyone down and was a star on one of our top defenses of all time.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
DePriest being back to make the calls will help 200%. Also putting Sylve on the bench will clean up the secondary. Not bashing Sylve he just got abused worse than Tina Turner did by Ike! Humphrey and Brown should see lots of time the next two weeks.

On the positive, loved the Oline play.... If they play like that all year aTm is the only team I am thinking "how do we beat them"..... Sims played well, hope Coker gets his chance next week.
I couldn't of said this better myself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.