Really hoping our guys find an answer to the HUNH!

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
It's not so much the speed as it is the triple option crap going on in the backfield. Causes a lot of thinking for defense, which makes them play slower

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama only gave up 6 points to West Virginia in the second half. On top of that, the kick return TD made things closer and made the defensive performance seem worse than it actually was. 16 points to a team that figures to be improved on offense this year, and runs the hurry up is hardly a terrible performance.

Also, a lot of their offense came by targeting one particular defensive back. Obviously that issue can be addressed. It wasn't a great performance, at all. But, if this was a 33-16 game, I think people would probably look at it a little differently.

There are things that need to be addressed, it's just fortunate that this match-up wasn't the one I saw some people requesting, like Oklahoma or Auburn. Sometimes it helps to not be playing a great team.

Last edited:

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Alabama only gave up 6 points to West Virginia in the second half. On top of that, the kick return TD made things closer and made the defensive performance seem worse than it actually was. 16 points to a team that figures to be improved on offense this year, and runs the hurry up is hardly a terrible performance.

Also, a lot of their offense came by targeting one particular defensive back. Obviously that issue can be addressed. It wasn't a great performance, at all. But, if this was a 33-16 game, I think people would probably look at it a little differently.

There are things that need to be addressed, it's just fortunate that this match-up wasn't the one I saw some people requesting, like Oklahoma or Auburn. Sometimes it helps to not be playing a great team.
I agree that the defense can improve. I've been hoping Slyve would be better, but he doesn't play the ball. I hope he gets it straightened out or he won't be on the field anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown and Humphrey alot over the next two weeks.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
The defense did play the run way better in the second half. Making some of these teams one dimensional will be important and the defense did that in the second half they couldn't buy a good run. Just have to get the pass defense shored up some. You aren't going to stop these air raid type teams. It's all about slowing them down. They are going to get first downs. College football has become a bend but not break game for the defense, and that's not something Bama fans are used to.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I agree that the defense can improve. I've been hoping Slyve would be better, but he doesn't play the ball. I hope he gets it straightened out or he won't be on the field anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown and Humphrey alot over the next two weeks.
Which begs the question "Why?"

Is he doing - or not doing - what the coaches are telling him...

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Well, if the dline could get some pressure on the quarterback, the cornerbacks would look much better.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
One thing that slows down hurry up offenses is the good guys beating the crap out of their defense so that the offense has no choice but to slow down.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
almost every stop is from them dropping balls while wide open. this doesnt make me feel good about our defense.
DePriest being back to make the calls will help 200%. Also putting Sylve on the bench will clean up the secondary. Not bashing Sylve he just got abused worse than Tina Turner did by Ike! Humphrey and Brown should see lots of time the next two weeks.

On the positive, loved the Oline play.... If they play like that all year aTm is the only team I am thinking "how do we beat them"..... Sims played well, hope Coker gets his chance next week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.