****Bama vs. WVU - Postgame Thread****

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Blake was as good on the short passes as we could've hoped. He makes good decisions. He needs to use his legs more. He cannot throw it accurately on the run. We won't have a deep threat, will have to make due without it. Yeldon is a beautiful swan. DL not getting the pressure they could be. DBs show poor fundamentals when playing the ball. Defense does not tackle or hit as well as we need them to.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
My hat is off to WV for a great game plan and Great execution thru 3 qtrs. Bet they spent all summer planning that one. Think they will win some games this year. Glad we don't have to play them anymore this year.
They looked better than expected, they'll win a few in the big whatever conference they play in.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
A win is a win. But this one wasn't a lot of fun to watch. With a few exceptions.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Southern Miss & FAU are just what the doctor ordered. We've got some kinks to work out.

Statistically, we had a receiver with 12 catches & 100+ yards, and another one with 6 catches for over 70 yards.

We had two RBs to rush for over 100 yards a piece and 3 TDs between them....

Numbers look excellent. Defense is soft though. Talented as all get out...but soft. Gotta get the young boys some burn on the corners though.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Defense only gave up 16 points....they played better and better. I do think we will see Tony Brown in Sylve's place...he was overmatched and I don't know why they stopped throwing to no. 5. RTR...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't think he looked great, but he certainly wasn't the problem. Coach's comments after the game indicate he realizes this team has a long way to go to be good.

Honest question....what more can he do? He managed the game and made some great plays for first downs or to get us to field goal position. Yes an INT...but this is his first start.

We had some dropped passes and penalties that killed drives.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Southern Miss & FAU are just what the doctor ordered. We've got some kinks to work out.

Statistically, we had a receiver with 12 catches & 100+ yards, and another one with 6 catches for over 70 yards.

We had two RBs to rush for over 100 yards a piece and 3 TDs between them....

Numbers look excellent. Defense is soft though. Talented as all get out...but soft. Gotta get the young boys some burn on the corners though.
I know what Saban teaches corners and the corners were not playing to what they've been coached to do...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The defense played "bad"? I don't get it. Defense only gave up 16 points. Granted, we need to improve but when you play a HUNH team (especially an above average one from the Big 12), this is pretty dang good in my book. I am so proud of the team for not saying ... "oh here we go again..." I think we're all a little spoiled from the 2011 defense. Reminds me very much of the 09 team after game 1. Dunno about you guys but I am pleased. Roll Tide!!!

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
I'm not an X and O guy, but I wonder how much of a difference DePriest's absence made. Coupled together with the fact that this was the first game, I cannot make a definitive assessment about our defense, especially one of doom and gloom.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
Honest question....what more can he do? He managed the game and made some great plays for first downs or to get us to field goal position. Yes an INT...but this is his first start.

We had some dropped passes and penalties that killed drives.
We have got to use the WRs farther than 10 yards down the field, defenses will stop respecting any deep threat and the short stuff will only get tougher. We'd best have it fixed before the Gators come to town...

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I'm impressed with Blake, even beyond my expectations.

And our kicking game looked great.

But I am really concerned about the defense, especially pass coverage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.