****Bama vs. WVU - Postgame Thread****

And at the risk of committing sacrilege, some of those completions occurred during plays where his predecessor would have been sacked or thrown the ball into the stands. Instead, Blake bought time with feet and kept his eyes downfield.

The experienced AJ likely would have hit the two or three open targets that Blake missed. The early AJ?
Yes early AJ, but also AJ the last two games of 2013.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
People need to just calm down. This a totally different team and era of football. We will improve.

It is possible we might of been running just a vanilla defense so we're not showing everything this early in the season. I have a hard time believing that is the best our D can do. We were obviously the better team on Saturday so we did not have to open up the playbook.

EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN. IT'S A LONG SEASON AND WAY TOO EARLY TO GET HEMORRHOIDS
You really think we were sandbagging when it was a 20-17 game at half? There are no secret plays we are going to unveil that will magically make us play better. We have to learn to defend these offenses better and play better overall as a team..

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Boy, I am sure glad we are 1-0 instead of being like USCe and being 0-1. I just don't think our fan base could handle losing an opening game.

I still say this bunch will be a lot of fun to watch grow up. With the two young linebackers we had calling the D the other night it was no wonder we weren't getting lined up correct. Neither of them have had truly meaningful snaps since they have been on campus. Experience will come through throwing them in the fire like the other night.
That is my one criticism with Coach Saban's approach to defending spread offenses. We need to stop reacting and moving people around and just play the man in front of you.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And at the risk of committing sacrilege, some of those completions occurred during plays where his predecessor would have been sacked or thrown the ball into the stands. Instead, Blake bought time with feet and kept his eyes downfield.

The experienced AJ likely would have hit the two or three open targets that Blake missed. The early AJ?
That was fun to watch. He has enormous pocket presence now, one of the qualities I had really worried about. His instinctive evasion of the rush was great. The negative on that is, just from the small sample, his throwing on the run leaves something to be desired. We'll just have to see, as things develop...

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
The way I look at the game is that if Bama makes the tackle on the return and CJ doesn't drop the sure TD it's a 40 to 16 game. Bama D still only let WV into the end zone one time. I think the team will get a lot more game experience these next two weeks and they will be good to go.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
That was fun to watch. He has enormous pocket presence now, one of the qualities I had really worried about. His instinctive evasion of the rush was great. The negative on that is, just from the small sample, his throwing on the run leaves something to be desired. We'll just have to see, as things develop...
I couldn't believe how fast his "escape step" was. I think AJ would have been sacked on those plays. Blake's ability to throw on the run does need some work but if it weren't for his athletic ability, he probably doesn't even get a chance to make those throws. It will all balance out.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Great point. There were some plays that, if A J was still back there, he just would have been sacked. Blake made some dudes miss.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.