****Bama vs. WVU - Postgame Thread****

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Records get broke everyday in college football now. Its the era of football we are in. And most teams have a 13-14 game season now versus 8-10 historically..

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Me personally, I rarely see anything positive or useful on Twitter. It's good for staying touch with folks, making new friends with good people and keeping up with Cecil Hurt :biggrin2: but that's about it. People get on there and say things they would almost never say in public. And let's face it, some of our fans -- let's just say, I wish they weren't fans of Bama. ;) Hopefully this game drops about a ton or two off the bandwagon because we didn't blow out a motivated and very good team 49-0. Sheesh.

I only use twitter for football. Best place to get up to date info.

But I make the mistake of looking at the tweets of our so called "fans". And I just shake my head..they must live such a miserable life.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I had to leave after DH scored what I guess was Bama's last TD....? Made the score 27-17.
From what I did see....
Offense:
Seemed to be confused at times, had trouble getting calls in on time. That is easily corrected and should come before the lizards slither in.
I missed BS' interception, but I saw him do much better than most expected. Correct those short-short throws, and he could possibly end the season as the starter, if the O as a whole gets on the same page. He made some really good reads and never panicked.
Defense:
Foster hits like a howitzer.
Sylve has problems that may open the door for Brown sooner rather than later. Bama's D really needs a lock down corner....and they need to step it up. It seems like at times they weren't ready, and with all the time that has been supposedly dedicated to stopping the hurry up, I would have thought this would have been at the top of the list (this could have been in large part because TD wasn't playing). But, it was the first game for at least a couple of the linemen, so they have time to improve on that.
Defense as a whole seemed to play much better after the half (what little of the second half I saw), so giving up only 6 points vs 10 in the first half was an improvement.
Good win, RTR!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Trey Depriest can't get back soon enough. I think he will help settle down the defense.
Thing is, he only plays around 30% of the total plays. They were so determined to stay on the ground early and pull us in for the passing game later, he would have been helpful then...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It's a lot of negativity on this board right now.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

I am not being negative...you know me. ;) I was agreeing with you on leaving points off the board. Which means..we could of had a blowout.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I know the announcer mentioned a stinger but likely not dislocated. He'd have been in a lot more pain and probably not walking around with a mere sling.
In his post-game interview, CNS said it is slight dislocation. While he had not talked to the doctors, he only expects him to miss a week or two. (His words, not mine.)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
You have to also remember the three holding calls on Leon that hurt us from keeping the ball away longer from WV. That is something you can correct.

Offense looked really good like the new formations and the playing calling was pretty good. Need some time in defense looked confused and out of place through out the game gotta find out how to stop these no huddle teams. That's our biggest factor. Kickers looked good.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If Christion Jones pulls in that deep ball, we are looking at 300 yards from Blake. What a game. So excited for these young men, and ready to see some defensive improvement. A lot of times it looked like our inexperience was showing in the LB corp by reacting instead of acting instinctually. Our DBs have to get better, Collins was a monster. Reuben Foster is going to be awesome in time. And again, special teams coverage. We can't give up a big play there. Other than the one TD, we had pretty good coverage on kickoffs all night.

Also, you guys are forgetting how bad the VT game was last year, other than Christion Jones' 3 TDs we had a rough game. There is something to be said when a team has a whole offseason to study and prepare for you. We'll be fine. I think holding that offense to what, 1 TD and a few field goals is great.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I'm not going to try to paraphrase CNS' post-game interview. I only wish those of you who either expected a blow-out (and are disappointed) and the chicken little types had listened to it. It made me feel a lot better about what we saw.

Eli & Co mentioned what they felt were the positives: we found a LT, a punter, a PK, and probably a QB. That, and a win, should be enough for the first game.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Missed some tackles, but that's correctable. Same thing was said here a couple of years ago. Wrap up!

Blake's stats are impressive. Good for him.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
From the Dome, it looked like there were several new formations that WVU used, just based on reactions from the defense and Kirby. That's a first game challenge and I think D adjusted well in the second half, minus some bad plays. Hate to pile on, but I'm really hoping Tony or Marlon or Eddie gets in at corner very soon.

Y'all should've heard Kirby throwing the whiteboard down after WVU marched down for a FG early in the second half. We heard it in the upper deck! He was less than happy with Reuben after his missed tackle that drive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.