****Bama vs. WVU - Postgame Thread****

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If anyone cares..
I just hate this so much. The whole pick your top four crap, and the fact that in reality that's all it will come down to, 13 people picking their top four. But, presenting it in this manner is just ridiculous. Top ten? Ok, I get that, but top 4? Yeah, being 4 instead of 5 is really this huge difference...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I'm about the re-watch the game. From the first viewing, which was interrupted a lot due to a poor feed, it looks like our team has a bunch of promise. Certainly things to work on, such as pass defense, a pass rush, and kick coverage. Sims was solid. Hopefully he continues to improve. But all around, I think we can be a strong team.

That game with UF really looms large.

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
LOL, I've never seen so many folks upset after a season-opening win in my life.

It's hilarious - offense scores 33, defense allows only 16 (only 1 TD) to a team coached by what many consider to be one of the offensive geniuses in the game, and people are complaining. Sims sets a record (and plays better than the past two new starters - both of which who led us to NCs their first year) and people complain.

Yah, the secondary needs some work, as do the LBers, but man...

It blows my mind.
We shouldn't be surprised. Exactly 1 year ago there was the same reaction after a 25 point win over VT.

I'm telling you, I began enjoying this much more when I became realistic with my expectations.

C'mon peeps, a win is a win, we are in the midst of the Saban dynasty.

Appreciate it.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Finebaum just wet himself for Monday's show. Next up Kirk who disses Bama...
Herbie is usually pretty fair and tends to be on the mark. Of all the people that could be doing that segment, he would be my choice and I think he is just talking about who impressed him on a given day. That said, I wonder if he watched the same FSU game I did. Captain Crablegs could not have looked much worse for a Heisman hopeful and Okie Lite gave them all they wanted. I didn't see Oklahoma play their skinny girls reform school game (4-8 in 2013 - LA Tech but they did beat Lamar) ... however A&M looked real good against a quality team as did UGA. Herbie, like the rest of the country, is still a bit smitten with Free Seafood University but I think that will fade this year when they lose two or three and the Crustacean Cowboy gets arrested for doing something stupid.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
WV averaged 1.2 yards per rush; Bama shut down the run, especially in the 2nd half. I always feel good when the run is shut down and the other team is forced to pass. There will be dropped balls when a team throws so many times (not my first choice for effective defense though).

The Offensive Line improved as the game went along. The defensive line was much better 2nd half. Both are good signs.

Bama reminded me of the team we have become accustomed seeing when it is late in the game. It may have been a little later than preferred, but WV was a beaten team by the end of the game and Bama overwhelmed in the 4th quarter. The score didn't really show it but this is what my eyes saw.

I dont' think there were any pass attempts to the tight ends. Maybe a function of what the defense was giving. I saw Howard breaking open once and was hoping Sims would throw to him but didn't realize Cooper was wide open farther upfield where Sims made the correct throw.

I wasn't thrilled with Sims' performance but feel a little better after reading some of the posts on here.

I am very happy with the win, and whenever I start to get spoiled with our play, I just remember what it was like pre Saban, but there are some concerns. Sims seemed to target only Cooper, we are loaded at wr, spread it around. Deep ball drops or not, he is inaccurate, the wide open pass that CJones dropped was by the grace of god defensive ineptitude on WVUs part. We have one of the best TEs in the country, but he was not used. Our secondary was porous. Sylve was picked apart all game, and it seems that the corners aren't watching the ball in flight but just trying to strip the pass which could end up with more penalities.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Under my new "enjoy football again" approach, I had a lot of fun at this game. Loved watching Cooper play. Enjoyed cheering for Sylve to get it together. Thought the play calling and game plan was excellent. Was pleasantly surprised by Sims--though I think a championship run depends on Coker taking the next step as I believe Sims has a limited ceiling. Great game. Looking forward to the next one.
Championship depends on BS continuing to build on a solid first game. Yes, there are holes...but there always are. This team will continue to grow...the chemistry is there.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am very happy with the win, and whenever I start to get spoiled with our play, I just remember what it was like pre Saban, but there are some concerns. Sims seemed to target only Cooper, we are loaded at wr, spread it around. Deep ball drops or not, he is inaccurate, the wide open pass that CJones dropped was by the grace of god defensive ineptitude on WVUs part. We have one of the best TEs in the country, but he was not used. Our secondary was porous. Sylve was picked apart all game, and it seems that the corners aren't watching the ball in flight but just trying to strip the pass which could end up with more penalities.
in Sims' defense Cooper was open a lot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.