****Bama vs. WVU - Postgame Thread****

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Our db's and lb's seemed to get blocked easily in the first half...not so much in the 2nd. They ran some nice Wr screens...but we did as well.

Russel Shell is the real deal at rb. They have a couple of pro's in Wr and rb positions.

CAgirl

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2007
Birmingham, AL
I would like to hear from the Sims haters that have been all over the board since the day after the Sugar Bowl last year. You guys seem quiet.
I want a QB who can get the win. I don't know anyone who was a Sims "hater". It's one game. Yes, I'd love to see a big, flashy NFL style QB throwing bombs to all the great receivers we have on our roster and I think Coker has that kind of arm. That's never been Saban's style though, it seems like. I wish the best for Sims and all of us....just win, baby.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I think we played good imo, just the defense needs to loosen up and get more comfortable (pass defense), and that's where Florida Atlantic comes in. I really like Blake Sims, he should be the guy.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
There will be a secondary shift in practice next week.

I agree. Sadly we may have seen the last of Slyve. I was really pulling for him to improve after the struggles last season. All he had to do was turn his head on three plays and he may have had a couple of picks, but could have broken them all up.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Sylve uses his closing speed like he's reaching for the finish line instead of finding the football.

NFL-caliber receiver or not, gotta go for the ball - not get a bead on the opponent's eyeballs...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Sims had a record breaking win per Alabama football

School record for most completions and attempts of any QB in a debut game.

Good for Blake RTR!

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Sims did well for his first game. I think he has proved his doubters wrong.
I'm not so sure about that. His doubters will argue that Sims has a limited upside. In fairness to them, Sims was inaccurate on the long balls and his one bomb (the drop by Christion Jones) was realllly floated in there.

But the problem with the doubters is that they want another McCarron and there just isn't one on the team right now. If there were, he'd be playing. Sims is our best bet. He did make some key throws on third down and led the team to 33 points. Aside from the interception thrown into double coverage, I was impressed with his decisions. We'll be fine.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I have to stay off of twitter right now. Man some people are just always so negative....no matter what.
Me personally, I rarely see anything positive or useful on Twitter. It's good for staying touch with folks, making new friends with good people and keeping up with Cecil Hurt :biggrin2: but that's about it. People get on there and say things they would almost never say in public. And let's face it, some of our fans -- let's just say, I wish they weren't fans of Bama. ;) Hopefully this game drops about a ton or two off the bandwagon because we didn't blow out a motivated and very good team 49-0. Sheesh.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.