Bret Bielema says Assistants were stuck in elevator at halftime

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: Bret Bielema says Assistances were stuck in elevator at halftime

Yep, link not working but...

Bielema always has an excuse for why his team sucks, it's never because he didn't prepare them.
Yep, he always has an excuse. He won't be long for this league.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Yeah, I kind of hate this for Arky fans. I worked in Little Rock for 4 months during the 2012 Bama NC season and they were going through the John L. Smith debacle. Most Hog fans are pretty good folks.

Thought Bielema would do better than this in the SEC. Guess I thought wrong.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I watched some of that game and Arkansas has improved and the QB is better than what I gave him credit for. But the problem is when Nick Marshall came in it was over. Auburn's offense was too much. Their offense with Marshall just brings another dimension that is very hard to stop.

I watched some of that game and Arkansas has improved and the QB is better than what I gave him credit for. But the problem is when Nick Marshall came in it was over. Auburn's offense was too much. Their offense with Marshall just brings another dimension that is very hard to stop.
It doesn't explain AU stopping them on defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

He will need 2 more years to get his type of players in. Especially on the offensive line. He likes smash mouth football. Before they recruited finesse players.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

He will need 2 more years to get his type of players in. Especially on the offensive line. He likes smash mouth football. Before they recruited finesse players.
He better recruit both sides of the ball, because IIRC his defenses at Wisky weren't that great - not saying they were terrible, but I seem to remember them losing a couple of big games, at least one was at Camp Randall, where the defense faltered late in the game. No defense in the SEC will get you beat week in and week out.....oh, wait, I forgot about the barn. Let me rephrase that: if you don't run the HUNH and you have no defense, well....look at the hogs last year. Rinse and repeat.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

I got false hope when Arkansas tied it up at 21-21. Then, the second Marshall stepped onto the field, I knew it was all over but the crying for the pigs. It's kind of hard to know what to make of the barn at this point. On the one hand, they looked just as sharp as last year, which isn't a good thing for the rest of the league. But, on the other hand, we can not forget that the pigs are BAD BAD BAD. They may very well go 0-8 in the SEC once again. The barn has tougher games ahead, and this is not an under the radar type of year for them. This time, they are the defending SEC champs with a target on their backs. At least I hope so anyway!

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

This time, they are the defending SEC champs with a target on their backs. At least I hope so !
Yes but they will never have the same target on them like Alabama. It's why our team has to learn to play with supreme effort and passion every week.

It's way too early to predict but Auburn looks like a good team again this year. The HUNH is here to stay. I'm looking for a fun year of football.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

Yes but they will never have the same target on them like Alabama. It's why our team has to learn to play with supreme effort and passion every week.

It's way too early to predict but Auburn looks like a good team again this year. The HUNH is here to stay. I'm looking for a fun year of football.
We are not even so much as the defending SEC West champs, and yet the target on our back is much bigger than even that of Florida State. The barn benefits a lot from teams not really getting motivated to play them. The only way auburn will get beat is if they somehow look past someone, which has yet to happen under gus. They are no longer a one man show like they used to be. They seem to have the same focus in games that we had a few years back.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That link doesn't work, either. I guess al.com really wants readers to search for that story.

Edit - I just found the link and realized why no one has yet to post a link that works. The url includes the first three letters of assistant, which the filter on the site edits to "...".

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.