After the first weekend who would your top 4 teams be?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think FSU, Bama, and Auburn all displayed some vulnerability. That may be first game kinks, but I'd say the playoff race is pretty wide open right now.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Who knows? Heard this discussion on ESPN last night. For all we know West Virginia and the Fighting Hogo's might run the table and Okie State finish 6-6. Then how the discussion would flip just about the top two teams in FSU and Bama. We knew what teams we "thought" were good coming the season.

I simply don't have context after one weekend to even hazard a guess.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Based on what I perceive the level of competition to be, and actually watching all or part of the games:
1.GA
2.ATM
3.ND
4.tOSU (took them 3 quarters to wake up and discover their offense and defense)

Yes, I honestly believe Clemson, SCe, Rice, and Navy were superior opponents to the likes of the rest, and my expectations are way too high for Alabama so I'm overly critical.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We honestly don't know. I know the cliche of teams having the biggest jump from week 1 to week 2...and it may be true.

I do know this is going to be a crazy season.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
until you know more about Okla State, WVU, Clemson, Arkansas -- it's hard to make judgements about FSU, Bama, UGA or Auburn.....

Ok State was "right" there with about 4 minutes to go -- and had a shot....
I never thought WVU was going to win....

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Not impressed with FSU. They could have easily lost their game. I agree with Cajun, I never thought we were going to lose. It was a frustrating game at times. But I knew we would win. Oklahoma played Louisiana tech? And gave up 16 points. So how do we know what kind of team they are.

Only team that I was pretty impressed with was UGA.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Not impressed with FSU. They could have easily lost their game. I agree with Cajun, I never thought we were going to lose. It was a frustrating game at times. But I knew we would win. Oklahoma played Louisiana tech? And gave up 16 points. So how do we know what kind of team they are.

Only team that I was pretty impressed with was UGA.
And even with Georgia throttling Clemson in the season half, it is difficult to truly evaluate how good Georgia is. That Clemson team is a different animal without Watkins and Boyd.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
Based on what I perceive the level of competition to be, and actually watching all or part of the games:
1.GA
2.ATM
3.ND
4.tOSU (took them 3 quarters to wake up and discover their offense and defense)

Yes, I honestly believe Clemson, SCe, Rice, and Navy were superior opponents to the likes of the rest, and my expectations are way too high for Alabama so I'm overly critical.
Was this in blue font? Sometimes it doesn't show on mobile.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Was this in blue font? Sometimes it doesn't show on mobile.
No it wasn't. I saw too many holes in FSU and UCLA. Oregon and most of the B1G didn't play anyone competitive IMO.
Golson was a player reborn for ND, and as much as I dislike them, they played very well against a Rice team that can usually score points.
Again, my picks were based on my perception of the level of competition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.