After the first weekend who would your top 4 teams be?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Honestly at this point (and it's way too early at all to tell) and not necessarily in this order:

FSU
Auburn
Texas A&M
Georgia

and then us. If Oregon beats Stanford, then I'll put them in the mix -- until that time comes, they're simply not there. I am however waiting for the Baylor game to be over to get an idea about them.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Honestly at this point (and it's way too early at all to tell) and not necessarily in this order:

FSU
Auburn
Texas A&M
Georgia

and then us. If Oregon beats Stanford, then I'll put them in the mix -- until that time comes, they're simply not there. I am however waiting for the Baylor game to be over to get an idea about them.
I think this is spot on based solely on week 1.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
USC

come on guys - what a joke of a thread. Holtz was right when he said body of work at the end of the year...not first game. Heck, for all we know West Virginia wins out to make it to the final dance and FSU has a ton of injuries. That is what happened to the Mountaineers last year and got 24 point underdog status against Bama the first game of the season.

Last edited:

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Those were definitely the most impressive teams to me. And none of them have the offensive weapons Bama has except for QB.

FSU
Auburn
Texas A&M
Georgia

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Nobody, including or especially, sportswriters have a real clue right now. Some of the teams that looked vulnerable will turn out to be world beaters and some of the teams that looked like world beaters will fold like cheap suits.

The two biggest stories right now in the SEC is TAMU and Georgia but I could point to several things about both of those wins that discount how much they tell anyone about those two teams.

As for Bama, not having Trey DePriest calling our defensive alignments for the front 7 pretty much explains all the defense's issues, including the secondary. The offense will improve no matter which QB ends up being THE QB and we get more comfortable and confident with our new OC.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
it's pretty simple. if u think it's dumb stay out of the thread. no hard feelings. nobody cares whether you think it's a good idea or not.
Whether you care or not I think your last sentence was completely uncalled for and your entire post is the kind of thing I'd expect from a petulant child.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I agree with you. We are going to be a good team. Whether we are great or not depends on improvement. I hate it but the booger eaters are a threat to win it all(You didn't list the Barn but am glad we didn't play them the first week.. That is why you see so many lamentations from Bama fans. It isn't that Bama isn't good, it is that the booger eaters look better.
From what I saw this weekend (in no particular order):

UGA
TAMU
Oregon
Oklahoma

We've got a LOT of work to do

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I agree with you. We are going to be a good team. Whether we are great or not depends on improvement. I hate it but the booger eaters are a threat to win it all. You didn't list the Barn but am glad we didn't play them the first week.. That is why you see so many lamentations from Bama fans. It isn't that Bama isn't good, it is that the booger eaters look better.
Trust me...they can definitely be had. I was flipping back & forth between our game and theirs. Some observations. Jeremy Johnson does a better job of what Gus really wants to do (throw the ball), but Marshall brings an entirely different dimension with his legs. Their defense was getting GASHED by Arkansas's running game (by the way...Ivory, Reed, and Lake should get all they want that game). Their defense is as suspect as they come. If UGA is still healthy when they get to them, their RBs are gonna beat them up pretty bad before they get to us. The Hogs ultimately couldn't keep up with the pace once Marshall took over in the 2nd half.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Trust me...they can definitely be had. I was flipping back & forth between our game and theirs. Some observations. Jeremy Johnson does a better job of what Gus really wants to do (throw the ball), but Marshall brings an entirely different dimension with his legs. Their defense was getting GASHED by Arkansas's running game (by the way...Ivory, Reed, and Lake should get all they want that game). Their defense is as suspect as they come. If UGA is still healthy when they get to them, their RBs are gonna beat them up pretty bad before they get to us. The Hogs ultimately couldn't keep up with the pace once Marshall took over in the 2nd half.
ur exactly right about UGA.. hopefully they are healthy just for the sake of a good game because last season they had a ton of injuries. without those injuries who knows what the outcome of that game could have been.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.