After the first weekend who would your top 4 teams be?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Pruit has made a huge difference week one that is with Georgia. Also looks like Fl. Stated missed him yesterday. Wonder is he a rising star. Another off the Saban branch.

bamaabw

Suspended
Dec 9, 2013
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

1. BAMA - Held a hunh to less than 400 yards and only 62 (approx) rushing yards
2. Oregon - Very good team
3. Georgia - took them a while to wake-up but they did
4. Notre Dame/Texas good team/vastly improved loaded with 4-5 star talent and GREAT coach

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
thk to who all gave a positive reply. some of us watch different games involving OOC teams. Im going to check out that Notre Dame game. Let me also add that i was impressed with Texas. But lets see how they do against better comp

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I didn't get a chance to see a lot of games, but I would definitely pick Texas A&M to be in the top 4. What I saw from them was complete and total domination of USCe.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Not sure about the second two, but Georgia and TA&M were the most impressive I've seen so far. A few others (like Oregon, Oklahoma) looked impressive, but played teams that would tend to make make most quality FBS teams look good.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
1 Seed - UGA: They absolutely destroyed #16 Clemson and Gurley had 298 APY's and 4TD's. The East is weak and they will win it and Gurley is a major reason why....he's my Heisman front runner and the #1 RB in the country imho.

2 Seed - Texas A&M - They absolutely eviscerated #9 Scar and dropped 680 yrds of Offense on a USCe defense that has been in the upper crust of the SEC under CSS. Kenny Football also went bonkers with 511 yrds and 3 TD's and is #2 on my Heisman list.

3 Seed - F$U - I know they really struggled with Okie but that's a team that was 10-3 last year and finished #17 and should have been ranked this year and will be ranked at some point. They are the defending champs, faced adversity against a tough opponent and won so I can't drop them much further and their schedule is still super soft.

4 Seed - LSU - Good grief they looked inept for 3 qtrs but they were playing #14 Wisky with one of the best RB's in the country in Gordon. I'm not sold on Jennings as their QB but they became a different team when they quit trying to force things w/ Fournette and Hilliard took over. They won a Top 15 matchup and found their Starting RB and they have some playmaking WR's to help the QB.

Now I have 3 SEC teams in the Top 4 and no way would that really be allowed in the playoff but just based on who beat who by perceived level of competition those are the Best 4 teams 'right now' after ONE weekend.

Oregon, Oklahoma, Mich St, Stanford, Auburn, USC, and ND all had impressive wins too but they played NOBODY. Auburn played a saltier Arky team sure so they would maybe be my #5 or #6 right now.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Whisky lost 2 of their starting 3-down, and when the 2nd one went out, the game turned on a dime. They were lost, prior to that point.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Whisky lost 2 of their starting 3-down, and when the 2nd one went out, the game turned on a dime. They were lost, prior to that point.
I almost put Aubie at #4 but head to head I think think the LSU team we saw late in their game would beat Auburn on a neutral field. Wisconsin did have some players drop but Hilliard was in Beast mode and right now is leagues better than Fournette.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I saw where Holtz picked Notre Dame. After their impressive win over Rice. I will say it again because it deserves repeating. Their impressive win over RICE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.