Question: Would you like a preseason in College Football?

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
What would yall think about a preseason in College Football? Yes or no? How many games if so? Who would you want to play? Thoughts...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Maybe not a preseason but a scrimmage for 2 quarters against another team. But we do scrimmage ourselves 2 or 3 times so I don't see how different scrimmaging another team would be..

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
No! I don't like the thought of a pre-season game or scrimmage with other teams.

I'd rather just be surprised with what our team is going to be able to do in the first game. I do not want to start the season with several injuries that adversely affect us. The Pros can just go sign another player. We can't. Now if they want to increase the 85 limit to 125, we could possibly do that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not against the idea.

Do have a few questions, though. Who do you play? Easier to do preseason in the NFL because the teams, for the most part, are equal. Would they be open or closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Not sure you could do it -- Basketball teams used to scrimmage against semi-pro travel teams -- but football is a different animal ---

I would prefer they had 2 more weeks to the practice time.....

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
For the people talking about injures - injuries happen in practice as much as they do in a game..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.