Nick Saban raves about Lane Kiffin's debut as Alabama's offensive coordinator

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I thought LK did a good job calling the plays, and he will probably improve and show more in the coming weeks when needed. I think having him on the field helped tremendously, and it will only benefit us no matter who the QB is.

I was impressed in the fact that Sims tried to throw first and went through his progressions before trying to run, but with his athleticism that might not always be the best thing. Hopefully there will be a little more flexibility there for him to tuck and run if the first couple reads aren't there since he can truly add that dimension to our offense...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think If Kiffin had beenin the booth, we would've lost the game by 10 points...
I thought LK did a good job calling the plays, and he will probably improve and show more in the coming weeks when needed. I think having him on the field helped tremendously, and it will only benefit us no matter who the QB is.

I was impressed in the fact that Sims tried to throw first and went through his progressions before trying to run, but with his athleticism that might not always be the best thing. Hopefully there will be a little more flexibility there for him to tuck and run if the first couple reads aren't there since he can truly add that dimension to our offense...

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I think LK called a good game stuck with lots of safe plays. Think Blake played good, did have some luck when the linebacker missed on an interception when the ball went thru his hands. I think we ended up scoring on that possession. I think the D wasn't quite as bad as most everyone on here is saying WVA O is much better than their D.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I think that will take a few more games, before he learns how to go through the reads more quickly, and pull it down, when needed. I know lots of us are concerned he seemingly can make the deep throws. Ok, maybe that is not his forte. But if he can run more, when our receivers are covered, that gives their D something else to defend.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was impressed that they were getting the ball to Cooper. He is gonna break a lot of receiving records this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Greg is quickly working himself into a situation where if he doesn't pull the reigns back a bit he might find himself getting booed when coming back "home".

Yep he is kissing up to TN on twitter now. I was always a fan of his, but he is trying too hard to be impartial. He is getting a little annoying. I hope he backs off a bit. You can be impartial, but you have to tone it down a bit and not try so hard.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I honestly don't think he is very good at what he does yet. He makes some crazy comments at time. I know being in front of the camera isn't easy, but he needs to be a bit more insightful instead of trying to be dramatic. Let the game come to you Greg, just like you did on the field.
Yep he is kissing up to TN on twitter now. I was always a fan of his, but he is trying too hard to be impartial. He is getting a little annoying. I hope he backs off a bit. You can be impartial, but you have to tone it down a bit and not try so hard.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I think Greg is doing okay he want's Bama to do well, he's just trying to build up some of these other teams to get the fan's to tune into him.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Greg is quickly working himself into a situation where if he doesn't pull the reigns back a bit he might find himself getting booed when coming back "home".
You may be right, but I'm never booing him.

There's a lot of love here for CLK and Blake Sims and I hope it's justified, but I agreed more with CNS's post game assessment.

As for us losing by 10 if CLK was in the booth, that would be a 20 point swing. Really guys?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Yep ... was kinda confused on why people keep say that he can't we he clearly can. The one he threw to Coop was more than on the spot if it wasnt for interference and he nailed the one to CJ ... guy just dropped it. I was actually impressed with his gameplay yesterday. He made few mental errors and he had at least two passes that i know he wished he could have back. But he played solid to me. He showed that he was a pocket passer that can extend a play and scramble when necessary. And he was really solid during what ended up being a 2 minute-drill situation. If he keeps improving, I think he's really going to win over p a lot of the naysayers.

He saw the safety completely out of position and just threw it up. CJ had to sit and wait on it. It really was more of a punt. Yes it should have been a TD and should have been caught, but I won't sit here and rave that it was a great pass that demonstrates Sims' deep ball capabilities. That was a pick against most teams.

I am excited to see how Sims and hopefully Coker progress in the next few games before Florida.

careeves

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 19, 2007
Huntsville
Umm, I disagree. Sims showed that he can throw a deep pass... I don't think he has seen an opportunity to do so... AJ struggled with deep balls last year, and so... Sims.. had a chance yesterday, but our WR dropped the ball.... SO ...
I don't know if you actually watched the game yesterday, but Sims only passed the ball over 15 yards 4 times and was 1/4. He under threw every one of his deep balls and he was telegraphing his target receivers. So when has Sims shown he can throw a deep ball. It wasn't yesterday or the Aday game. He is lucky he only threw one pick. He made very high percentage short throws yesterday and Amari and Deandea White made him look a lot better than he actually was. Sims managed the game and we got the win. I would say Coker had he been given the opportunity could have preformed just as well. Coker deserves his shot and hopefully the next two games he will get it.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He saw the safety completely out of position and just threw it up. CJ had to sit and wait on it. It really was more of a punt. Yes it should have been a TD and should have been caught, but I won't sit here and rave that it was a great pass that demonstrates Sims' deep ball capabilities. That was a pick against most teams.
I'm still confused as to how the deep pass to Cooper is wiped from most people's memory. It wasn't perfect, but it got there with Cooper, in stride and was barely off. It's like that pass didn't happen to some people, just like his passes in high school, or during his first A-Day didn't happen. That was a "long ball" that didn't hang up in the air too long or anything...

I'm not sure exactly what the deal was with the one that was dropped. I think you're right in that he saw him open and just threw it up, but I don't see how you judge it as a bad pass based on knowing that. When JM threw stuff up (with similar trajectory), he was hailed as being so great, Sims does it and it's like meh, if the guy wasn't open it would have been a pick, but doesn't that overlook the likely fact that he doesn't attempt that if he's not open? That wasn't an ordinary route or pass, but there is no question that for that circumstance the pass was very well placed. CJ was just standing there pretty much, right? You can't hit him in stride or anything...

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
This simple fact is what annoys me with how Greg voices his criticism of Blake on the SEC Network. He says Blake can't throw deep, yet he never went deep in 2009.
In fairness, if a commentator is limited to only commenting on things he can personally do, there would be no commentators.

I am excited to see how Sims and hopefully Coker progress in the next few games before Florida.
That was a pick by most teams whose safety is out of position?
When the safety is out of position it is usually a TD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.