Phil Savage Gives 5 Points About the Game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Phil plans to give five points about each game. Here are his thoughts about the WVU game. Note, one tweet is in reply to a WVU fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
The first one is just silly. Balanced in that there were gaping holes on run plays and very little pressure on pass plays? Different stds of play I guess.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm glad a lot of smarter people than I thought the pass rush looked better. Those who don't are being results-centric: not enough sacks and hurries therefore bad. It isn't that simple. You could see a lot of times where if they weren't throwing so darn quick that Trickett was about to get killed. And sure enough, the few times we forced them into holding the ball to let routes develop were all the sacks and hurries.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
i would really like for someone to define exactly what being a "hater" is.
On this board it's having a difference of opinion. In most settings it is having disdain for someone or something that is not warranted and/or has no factual or logical basis for the said hating. Example of hating: I don't like Bama because they have won so much. Example of what is claimed as hating on Tidefans: I feel like we should play player X and here is why. --- See the difference?

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Just had a thought, and figured that instead of starting a new thread I'd find one about last Saturday's game to post it....

ArDarius Stewart and true frosh Cam Sims went into the game before Robert Foster.... What the what??? I understand Stewart but not Sims. Hopefully it's nothing

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Just had a thought, and figured that instead of starting a new thread I'd find one about last Saturday's game to post it....

ArDarius Stewart and true frosh Cam Sims went into the game before Robert Foster.... What the what??? I understand Stewart but not Sims. Hopefully it's nothing
I noticed that also. Foster was lights out in the A-Day game and I was looking forward to him playing, especially when DW went down. Hope there's no doghouse involved in this...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Told my brother during the game we haven't rotated the WRs like we did Saturday since Saban arrived. Seemed strange since we haven't done it before.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Well, I 'll just say it....I'm not feeling any warm fuzzys about our secondary play and our QB play. Blake's got some running skills, but his deep ball is atrocious. And what's Christion Jones issue with dropped balls??

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.