Teams You Watch In Hopes They Lose

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I see a lot of people have Auburn on their list, and that's fine. Except that if Auburn is on your list, that means you do watch Auburn play. I don't watch Auburn play (except vs. Bama). I can't watch them play. I don't have that strong a stomach.
The real joy in an auburn loss can be heard on their radio network. Priceless.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
anyone above us and anyone around us.
Well said.

1. SEC west teams that have the same or better records than us.
2. Any team that appears to be getting more love than us by the pundits that pick who plays who after the season is over.
3. Because I have been around long enough: Notre Dame, Texas

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Like others, I'll need to define "watch" as "laugh at Twitter and/or post-game highlights." With that said, here's my list:

1-3. Notre Dame (Can't recall how I felt about them prior to 1966 when I was 7 yrs old, but I've rooted for them to lose every single game against every single team every year since then.)

4-5. Ohio St U (I blame a jack-arsed OSU grad whose daughter was a friend & then a GF back in HS days.) The fact that Pope Urban now coaches there is merely the icing on the hate cake.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Barn
Vols
Irish

There are others that change from year to year. Used to include Miami. This year FSU makes the list.

The 3 listed have been on the list for over 40 years.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I actually find myself rooting for LSU quite often, even since Saban has been here. I never pull for Auburn, Georgia or Tennessee, in that order. I've lived in GA my entire life and went to school at GT, thus the disdain for UGA. I actually had convinced myself that I would pull for Auburn against both Oregon and FSU but quickly realized once both games started that I was fooling myself.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Auburn, and yes I watch the games up until I realize they are going to win. I change the channel at that point. I don't want to miss one second of them getting their butts whipped on the field. I get sad when I change the channel thinking they're going to win, but the teams comes back and beats them cause I missed out on quality entertainment. I'd cheer for any team in the nation against Auburn including Tennessee, ND, OSU, USC, etc, etc.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
1. Stanford
2. USC
3. Florida State (I don't like rapists, or teams that play pansies all season long)
4. Ohio State
5. Texas
6. The SEC
7. Bama (Only to bring some of the more unpleasant, entitled fans among them back down to Earth with the rest of us, otherwise I don't really rejoice in them losing games)

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
What's with all the Oregon hate? lolol.
Oregon is like Sushi. It's trendy. Usually the people that love it are skinny and aren't food lovers, but like looking hip and cool. Yet they go home later, struggle with diarrhea and blame it on the tequila....and not the fact that they just ate bait drenched in green and yellow hot sauce.

Oregon keeps giving people diarrhea, yet they keep eating it.

It's unnecessary drama. And it gets annoying.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Unquestionably, auburn. That is without a doubt, the WORST fan base in the nation. It kills me that some Bama fans actually pull for them when they are not playing Bama. My response to them is always "you think they are pulling for us?". I have grown to dislike Nick Marshall as much as I disliked Cam. The looks he was giving the Arkansas players after every play last week were just classless. And to think, Jamis could have just as easily ended up playing there! That is a cringe worthy thought. But, as much as I hate those people, it looks like I will have to wait until November 8th to see them lose, that is IF aTm is still hot by then. Until that time, I don't see them getting beat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.