Early Lines for Week 2 Games of Interest

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Michigan State in two days. We'll see.
Michigan State is a decent team, but when was the last time a BIG team was competitive on a National level? They have a good defense, but have a very average offense. I don't believe for a second they would beat us, TAMU, AU, UGA, and they probably wouldn't beat LSU. So yeah, in 2 days we'll see how Oregon does against a team that would be a middle of the pack SEC team.
I'm really not trying to be rude to you, but Oregon is going to have to win a big meaningful game against an elite team to get the respect you want. Hopefully the playoffs will give you the chance to do that.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Oregon's a good team. They're exciting to watch no doubt. They did make a BCS NCG. They deserve credit for where they've gotten so far. They are NO slouch. But, if you come to a Bama forum, don't be surprised if your team takes some heat for playing the style they play. Especially when they can't get around a team like Stanford who other than having a stout defense doesn't have much hardware either to show for *their* efforts.
You were typing while I was typing, but I totally agree. We saw Oregon step up play AU and LSU a few years ago, and couldn't get it done. They hype was unreal, but Oregon's "unstoppable" offense looked pedestrian against good teams, and it has looked pedestrian against Stanford. Oregon is going to have prove it on the field, and so far, they haven't.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
You were typing while I was typing, but I totally agree. We saw Oregon step up play AU and LSU a few years ago, and couldn't get it done. They hype was unreal, but Oregon's "unstoppable" offense looked pedestrian against good teams, and it has looked pedestrian against Stanford. Oregon is going to have prove it on the field, and so far, they haven't.
I'm reminded of Boise State. They had a similar problem a few years back.

Between 2008 and 2011, the Broncos went 50–3 to become the first FBS team to win 50 games over a four year span.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
If USC plays defense like they did last week, they won't cover and probably won't win. Ward is making major adjustments which are needed but begs the question...why did it take so long. Overall been happy with Whammy at DC, but he sure was not prepared last Thursday.

I liked how Colorado State looked last week, but they were playing Colorado. Bosie did not look so good, but the competition was better. Might pick CSU here.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.