CFB Live-"Alabama is the most overrated team in the country."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Sitting here watching College Football Live and two of our biggest "fans" (Danny Kanell and Joey Galloway) both agree that Alabama is the most overrated and over "hyped" football team in the country.

Galloway went on to say that Alabama's defense looked awful and if they continue to play like that will lose a lot of games in the SEC.

Kanell as usual gets his jabs in against Bama yet made an awful lot of excuses for a Fla St team that looked very much overrated.

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Sitting here watching College Football Live and two of our biggest "fans" (Danny Kanell and Joey Galloway) both agree that Alabama is the most overrated and over "hyped" football team in the country.

Galloway went on to say that Alabama's defense looked awful and if they continue to play like that will lose a lot of games in the SEC.

Kanell as usual gets his jabs in against Bama yet made an awful lot of excuses for a Fla St team that looked very much overrated.
As far as rankings go, I kind of agree but it's not a knock on Bama. More of a knock on the talking heads for setting these things up.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
They are right. All we know is Alabama is better then WVU... so we must be over rated.

All we know is FSU is better then OSU.. they must be the best team in the nation.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Truthfully neither F$U or Bama looked like #1 and #2 this week. The two most impressive performances were by far UGA and A&M and both should at least be re-ranked upward to somewhere between #8-#10.

You can't really drop F$U or us because #3-6 teams played cupcakes. I do think we should have started at around #8 instead of #2 but either way the media saying bad things about us is good because it should help the chip get bigger on our players shoulders in addition to wanting to improve based on re-watching the WV film.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Blah. I don't care nor listen to what they say. Danny is the same one who thought we would lose to ND.

We have plenty of games to prove ourselves and see if we are capable of winning the whole thing.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
West Virginia was 4-8 last year but they beat
Oklahoma State by nine, which is three more than FSU beat them.
If a 37-31 win against an average team is impressive then I guess I should be impressed, but I'm not.
To call Bama the most over rated team in America after just one week is ridiculous.
It ruffles some feathers and gets some attention, but it's also the reason that you won't see Kanell and Galloway doing color in the prime time games. A buncha noise but no substance.
sip

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They were wrong when they were hyping us to kill the Sooners in the Sugar last year.

Hopefully, they'll be wrong on this too.

However, truthfully, just based on what I saw in the first game, I regrettably have to agree with them.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Part of my enjoy football again campaign is to not watch these kinds of shows anymore. There's no point to them, the opinions of the guys are irrelevant, and they tell you nothing interesting about the teams or the game itself. It's like all the talking heads projecting the final four after the first week. What a gigantic waste of time.
Same. I've stopped subjecting myself to stuff like this and I've been enjoying sports 10 times more than I used to.

You wouldn't listen to a guy sit in front of a TV and tell you how ugly your wife is and how stupid your kids are.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
After one game you cant really argue with them. If we play at that level the rest of the year they will be right. I really think the next two weeks will give us the time we need to work out the kinks.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
It doesn't matter at all right now. It would be fine with me if they dropped us in the polls. It will all shake out as the season goes on.
I do have a question for you guys that don't watch ESPN anymore. Do you not watch our games on ESPN? If you do, do you watch them on mute and do you change it at halftime? I've seen a lot of people that say "I don't watch or refuse to watch ESPN anymore." and I'm just curious how that works when our games are on there.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yes, I watch our games on ESPN and most all good SEC games on ESPN and ESPN2, on mute unless Todd Blackledge is the commentator. I do not watch the college football ESPN shows and as of this year no longer watch Game Day.

Last edited:

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Last time i checked, we are 1-0. We have won every game we've played this year. You can't do any better than that. What a bunch of camera & microphone hogging wannabe's have to say, is of no relevance to anything.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Hmm, let's take a look at the top 9 teams.

9: South Carolina lost, badly, at home.
8: Michigan St. played a team from the Ohio Valley Conference.
7: UCLA barely beat Virginia. Virginia!
6: Auburn was tied at halftime against Arkansas.
5: Ohio State struggled against Navy.
4: Oklahoma played a C-USA team.
3: Oregon played a team from the MVFC. I'm not even sure what that stands for.
2: Alabama played West Virginia on a neutral field and it was fairly close.
1: FSU played Okie St. on a neutral field and was lucky to win.

I'm really not sure how anyone can look at that and conclude Alabama is overrated, without also saying the same about FSU, Ohio State, and Auburn. Furthermore, the only teams that didn't show signs of struggling were playing cupcakes at home.

Having said that, I'm fine with the idea of Alabama not being crowned already. The played need to know how hard they have to work to be champions. They have a long way to go.

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
It seems like I remember the media constantly calling the 92 team overrated.(until we killed Miami)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.