Status
Not open for further replies.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Bama 63
FAU 3
Not a chance Saban let's the score get that high... He's too much of a sportsman, even if it would strengthen our case as being in the elite of the elite and one of the best 4 in CFB... He's a "compassionate" person.

At halftime, we will be up by 35, he will call off the dogs, begin running it between the tackles 95% of the time, game will become a snooze fest because of it, fans will begin leaving, then he will berate us for not staying the entire game...

Bama-45
FAU-13

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Not a chance Saban let's the score get that high... He's too much of a sportsman, even if it would strengthen our case as being in the elite of the elite and one of the best 4 in CFB... He's a "compassionate" person.

At halftime, we will be up by 35, he will call off the dogs, begin running it between the tackles 95% of the time, game will become a snooze fest because of it, fans will begin leaving, then he will berate us for not staying the entire game...

Bama-45
FAU-13
That score may or may not be accurate, but it is close to my pick. The analysis is dead on. By the 4th quarter we'll be playing players most have never heard of in as vanilla a fashion as you can imagine on both sides of the ball. People will pack up and head out and the Coach will be ill. It's not because it is reserves -- I'll stay on to cheer for, e.g. Cooper Bateman, but I want to see what he can do -- not just hand off between the tackles 7 straight downs to whomever is the 5th string running back. And, just personally, at some point that becomes disrespectful to the other team, almost like taking a knee on first down just to keep the clock moving. There's a point where maybe that is appropriate, but I can't recall us reaching it lately.

At that point, heading back home is at a premium over watching.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
That score may or may not be accurate, but it is close to my pick. The analysis is dead on. By the 4th quarter we'll be playing players most have never heard of in as vanilla a fashion as you can imagine on both sides of the ball. People will pack up and head out and the Coach will be ill. It's not because it is reserves -- I'll stay on to cheer for, e.g. Cooper Bateman, but I want to see what he can do -- not just hand off between the tackles 7 straight downs to whomever is the 5th string running back. And, just personally, at some point that becomes disrespectful to the other team, almost like taking a knee on first down just to keep the clock moving. There's a point where maybe that is appropriate, but I can't recall us reaching it lately.

At that point, heading back home is at a premium over watching.
Exactly!! I'm a fan of sportsmanship and I certainly don't believe in unnecessarily running up the score. I don't think most fans would ilek to see that either HOWEVER if we can get MEANINGFUL reps to our 2nd and 3rd strings, LET'S SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO!!!! I just don't see the purpose of putting in someone like Bateman or any other 3rd stringer and just hand the ball off the rest of the game... As Saban usually says, "it truly doesn't matter who we play" but HOW WE play, then why not PLAY that way.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
45-14
Sims plays well on short stuff, but even on 30 yd. throws, he regressed to 'Lofting' the ball. Not good.
Nothing good happens when a pass is thrown toward the sky. Defenders have time to close and interceptions are more common.
If Sims is to be 'The Man', he's got a lot of work to do on intermediate and long throws.
If Coker closes the gap and gets playing time, he's got to prove to our coaches that he has a grasp of what we are trying to do.

The 4 yr. knock on Sims was that he panicked in tight situations. Now we hear the same thing about Coker.
We need someone with 'Ice Water In His Veins' at QB.

Sims may be marginally the better QB, but his style Offense isn't a great fit with what Saban has fielded before. Then there's next year... Life w/o Sims...
Do we revert to a Pro type QB, or start somebody completely new?

I don't believe in the 'Happy horse crap' of choosing who the players like best.
I want a QB that is no nonsense and makes the plays. As far as I'm concerned the QB race is still not settled. Sims played pretty well against WV, but WV is not a SEC team.
I want to see both guys on the field and see what each does in game situations.
(Worked pretty well when AJ finally was named the starter)
Give it time guys...

We have a couple of weeks to get the attention of our Defense, or we could be in for a long year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.