Eddie Jackson cleared to play. Williams out with broken foot.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I hate that for Jarrick, but it could have been worse. I'm just glad he won't miss too much time, we will need him later in the season.

Eddie being cleared to play is the best news I have heard in quite a while, he will help the defensive backfield tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I'm eager to see this guy in action, but the trend under CNS has been that cornerbacks struggle during their first years seeing significant playing time and then play great their second season. Eddie Jackson did not see the field a lot last season like Jones and Sylve did...

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
I'm eager to see this guy in action, but the trend under CNS has been that cornerbacks struggle during their first years seeing significant playing time and then play great their second season. Eddie Jackson did not see the field a lot last season like Jones and Sylve did...
he actually played a lot early in the season including 3 straight starts in OCT (4 starts overall) but then didn't see the field later in the year

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Don`t know what`s best. Should he sit for a couple more weeks and run drills in practice or work him in some (not full time) in the next two games to get ready for Florida?

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Don`t know what`s best. Should he sit for a couple more weeks and run drills in practice or work him in some (not full time) in the next two games to get ready for Florida?
I think working him in during the next two games. The level of talent for our next two opponents isn't at the same level as SEC schools. It would a good opportunity to build continuity and get some game reps.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Based on practice reports EJ has been running drills full speed with a brace. I take it that he's functioning at a high level but now he's been cleared to have contact.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
EJ, if healthy, is the kind of corner we've been missing. He's not Dre Kirkpatrick huge, but he is more physical than some of these smaller guys like Slyve and Cy Jones. Also, Jarrick is a great player but I am just not a fan of the 3 safety nickel outside of games against MSU and Auburn. I think a 3 CB nickel package is better against passing spread and traditional 3 wide attacks.

Of course, we haven't had a Javy or Menzie type available the last few years

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
EJ, if healthy, is the kind of corner we've been missing. He's not Dre Kirkpatrick huge, but he is more physical than some of these smaller guys like Slyve and Cy Jones. Also, Jarrick is a great player but I am just not a fan of the 3 safety nickel outside of games against MSU and Auburn. I think a 3 CB nickel package is better against passing spread and traditional 3 wide attacks.

Of course, we haven't had a Javy or Menzie type available the last few years
I think Jackson can be just as good as Dre and Milliner were. When I saw him in action last year I thought he was the most natural-looking corner we've had under CNS. Apparently his grasp of the scheme was pretty poor cause as far the eye-test goes, I thought he was the best CB on our team last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.