Burning Man Ends With 66,000 In Attendance

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/1/burning-man-festival-draws-peak-crowd-of-66000/

The Burning Man counterculture festival drew a peak crowd of nearly 66,000 celebrants as it neared an end Monday on the northern Nevada desert.

Friday’s official peak attendance of 65,922 was within the population cap of 68,000 the federal Bureau of Land Management imposed on the quirky art and music festival 110 miles north of Reno, said Gene Seidlitz, manager of the agency’s Winnemucca District.

The number was down from last year’s record peak crowd of 69,613, which resulted in organizers being placed on probation for a second time in three years for violating the limit.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
It's morphed primarily into a Silicon Valley private party. The biggest complaint I've seen this year has been over the influx of tech millionaires who fly in, stay in luxurious air conditioned facilities, fly in models from New York for companionship and have meals prepared onsite by paid chefs.

This year's attendees included, reportedly, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerburg, Jeff Bezos from Amazon, Google executives and the founder of PayPal. The rich man's playground sort of defeats the whole purpose of "Burning Man" which was self expression and radical self-reliance.

The hippies aren't happy.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
My sister's been going to this thing for years, and keeps trying to get me to go, but I don't like to be far from plumbing.
I doubt Jeff Bezos is spoiling it for her.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
My sister's been going to this thing for years, and keeps trying to get me to go, but I don't like to be far from plumbing.
I doubt Jeff Bezos is spoiling it for her.
You should go next year and give us a first hand account!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.