How will the 11:00 start time impact this weeks game?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It means I'll be watching the game at midnight on Saturday. And I'm okay with that!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think my son's first soccer game is this Saturday. I am checking with the coach. So I will probably miss the first half.

I like the evening games myself. Gives you a chance to get things done before the game starts.
That's one positive of being in Korea. Saturdays are completely safe for all the "honey-do and dad" stuff. Then I catch a couple of hours nap Saturday night and start watching nonstop football from around 0100 to noon on Sunday. :tongue:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
It was 9:00 AM Pacific Time when UCLA at UVA kicked off at 12:00 Noon ET this past week end. UCLA and the Virginia QB played like it was 9:00 AM.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I don't like early games. I work every Saturday so I will miss the first hour of the game. I prefer the early evening games like we will be playing the next week at 5 p.m. It allows me to get off work and get all my chores done before the game.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
FYI- Any mornings I do no bike we have lost or we struggled. Unless I was at the game in person. Case in point I got a flat on Saturday and had no spare.
Don't worry, it's my fault we lost the Auburn game. I took down our garden Alabama flag and put an US flag there. I normally put the Bama flag on for the season and then after the national championship, switch back. Anyway, I took it off and couldn't find it when the season started. My bad guys...my bad.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
To me, it impacts breakfast. It means Beer with my Rice Crispies. Snap, Crackle, Burp

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
As a fan, I like the early evening kickoffs.

As one of the guys working the Boy Scout parking lots (Alabama Credit Union, come and park with Troop 7, BTW!), the early games are awesome, because we're done in a few hours, instead of having to find people to cover the whole day!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I used to not care but since I'm now MST/MDT, I don't like it. But, what can you do? As someone said, as long as it's FAU or someone like that, no biggie. It'll just be a longer day of football watching. :)
When I went to Denver and spent a week there I got absolutely spoiled watching everything on t.v. one hour earlier. I still say Mountain Time Zone ROCKS!:biggrin: Instead of watching shows like Duck Dynasty at 9 (or 8 I forget) I was watching it at 7 or 8. Most of my favorite shows come on at 8 so watching them at 7 and laid down by 9 was pretty cool.....lol

I HATE 11:00am games. They are generally boring and the kids seem flat. But with it being FAU who we could probably run backwards against and still win it will help folks like Coker come in and play and the younger defensive kids so I think that will have the energy level a little higher than normal.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My morning routine is the same no matter what. Bike, watch the last 30 minutes of gameday, then football the rest of the day.
I used to do like you say...then I found Gameday on the radio. A miniature radio & earplugs...you can bike or work in the yard or whatever and not miss anything the geniuses say on the Gameday set. It helps me build the excitement, especially when it's an exhibition game that will offer no real competition.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Stands: the stadium won't be full...maybe around 85,000 folks at the game

Team: our guys will do just fine as they are used to working out and going early in the morning coming off of Fall camp

Me: I'll be going down with my wife and 2 year old son...and we'll walk around campus before heading to the A-Club...all for our son really so he can take it all in. We don't have tickets, so we'll be going back to my parents' house across town to watch the game.

As a fan I like the early games...when we win them. It takes all of the stress away for the remainder of the day and allows me to enjoy watching football even more in the afternoon and evening. Now...in the unfortunate event that we do not win an early game...it kind of ruins watching football for the rest of the day. Luckily, we normally play the cupcakes in that 11:00 AM slot...so losing isn't all that likely.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If we only have 75-85K in the stands that'll be a huge dissappointment.

It's our first home game of the year and there is a lot on the line for determining position battles on both sides of the ball.

I'm not predicting a full house but it ought to be at least be around 95k.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Heck, imagine how it was for Penn State fans last week. Their game with Central Florida was in Ireland, so that meant that it was 7:30 AM in the U.S. when the game kicked off. Now, that is a test of how fan loyalty right there. :)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Well, the thing of it is, SOMEBODY has to play the 11:00 am game. It would be awesome to have a 3:30 Eastern/2:30 Central kickoff each and every time, but that is just not feasible. I don't mind an 11:00 am start, so long as it is the likes of Florida Atlantic or Southern Miss. However, I would not want to face aTm, LSU, Florida, or the barn at that time.
Why not? It's the same start time for them, too. IIRC, barn doesn't have an outstanding record (historically) in early start games.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Why not? It's the same start time for them, too. IIRC, barn doesn't have an outstanding record (historically) in early start games.
That was the case up until last year. They had a record day against tennessee last season, which of course was an 11:00 am kickoff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.