How will the 11:00 start time impact this weeks game?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Heck, imagine how it was for Penn State fans last week. Their game with Central Florida was in Ireland, so that meant that it was 7:30 AM in the U.S. when the game kicked off. Now, that is a test of how fan loyalty right there. :)
UCLA's kick against Virginia was at 9:00am in the Pacific time zone too.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'm not a fan of the 11AM kickoffs, but it is what it is. I prefer to be able to watch College Gameday in its entirety and just watch games all day. I really wish I could be at the game, but that's not going to happen this week. I'm happy watching the game, whether on TV, or in person. If I'm desperate, I'll listen to it on the radio.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
yes, sec network, but you have two games on at 11am. bama vs fau, and tenn vs ark st. wonder which is on the alternate ch. I believe only satellite is only provider that has the alternate channel.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
yes, sec network, but you have two games on at 11am. bama vs fau, and tenn vs ark st. wonder which is on the alternate ch. I believe only satellite is only provider that has the alternate channel.
Uverse has 2 alternate channels, 3 total. They are not satellite

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
My son does have a soccer game tomorrow...so I will record it and have to watch the Bama game tomorrow afternoon.

I hope we don't have too many other 11:00 games.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

The guide shows the regular SEC network is the Bama game. And the alternate channel is the TN game. Sounds about right for TN ;)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Comcast has the alternates set up on the old PPV channels;786, 787, and 788

HawaiianTide

Suspended
Jul 16, 2014
I'm with you, the late kickoff not only affects tailgating options and the ease of getting to the game but the matter of fact that everyone is still half asleep doesn't make for much of a home field advantage. It's clear that night games are a much better product from an atmosphere electricity point of view to the viewership at home and in the bars around the country (I.E. Better for marketing purposes).

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It means the mods wont have to ban any drunk rambling members until the second half.
You really think we drunks won't change our start time to match the early kick? Seriously, though, it means FAU will say they would beat us in a rematch that started at a normal time due to their better overall talent.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
There were so many heat related issues with the fans that the EMTs could not handle all the calls. This starting time was a total sellout to the fans that actually attend the games.

I feel that anyone that would enter into a contract with the potential to require Alabama to play at 11:00, on a Thursday night, or at 8:00 at night needs to be immediately fired. This includes the University president, trustees, or athletic director. I wish the state legislature would ban games at these times. I am sure we could get support from another schools fan base in this state.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.