How will the 11:00 start time impact this weeks game?

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
I personally absolutely hate 11:00 kickoffs. Since it is a three hour drive from my hometown to Tuscaloosa it is necessary for me leave early Saturday morning to make kickoff. It will also be extremely hot in the stadium this time of year. This coupled with the conflicts with many youth sports will have a huge negative impact on the crowd this Saturday. Tickets will most likely be given away free right before kickoff.

I will attend Saturday to support our team but if schedules continue to disregard the fans who attend games more and more people will stop attending and just watch from home.

What is your feeling about 11:00, Thursday night, and late kickoffs?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Games have to be spread throughout the day in order to have them all on TV. We can easily have all games at 6 or 7 if you want. Only a few will be on TV, though.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
It means that I have to DVR the game. I coach my son's 9 year old football team and we have a game at 1pm.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I personally absolutely hate 11:00 kickoffs. Since it is a three hour drive from my hometown to Tuscaloosa it is necessary for me leave early Saturday morning to make kickoff. It will also be extremely hot in the stadium this time of year. This coupled with the conflicts with many youth sports will have a huge negative impact on the crowd this Saturday. Tickets will most likely be given away free right before kickoff.

I will attend Saturday to support our team but if schedules continue to disregard the fans who attend games more and more people will stop attending and just watch from home.

Well, the thing of it is, SOMEBODY has to play the 11:00 am game. It would be awesome to have a 3:30 Eastern/2:30 Central kickoff each and every time, but that is just not feasible. I don't mind an 11:00 am start, so long as it is the likes of Florida Atlantic or Southern Miss. However, I would not want to face aTm, LSU, Florida, or the barn at that time.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personally I think I'll miss the entire game. The games that I coach don't start until around 11:30. But I'll DVR it.

As for the team, we've typically played well in the early games. I think quite a few of the younger guys will get some burn so I think we should be ready.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I'm w ya, brother...

Waaaay too early for me [even tho it's noon in my time zone], as I like the anticipation of the game throughout the day.

Plus, I can get things done outside around the house - and enjoy the sun while doing so - in the early aft...

Early evening kick-off is ideal for me...

Mind you, I'm just now confirming that the advent of the SEC Network is terrible news for me from the standpoint of being able to watch Bama games up here.

My local cable provider picks up some - but only some - games off the various ESPN channels. Bama games against lesser opponents often qualified as one of those games.

I learned - the heard way - last week that they are not picking up any games off the SEC Network.

So, for example, I couldn't even watch the A&M - USCe game last Thurs eve...

Am desperately searching for a solution - which might include some "free air" broadcasts which apparently might be available if I purchase a satellite dish, but am only at the beginning of my research into this...

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
othen than 75k in the stands at kickoff...

No too much, I think the heat will show off our superior depth by the second half, but they didn't put up much of a fight against Nebraska.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
It means lots of people on the road early driving to Tuscaloosa. I am not a fan of the Big 5 teams playing on Thursday night unless it's bowl season.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I used to not care but since I'm now MST/MDT, I don't like it. But, what can you do? As someone said, as long as it's FAU or someone like that, no biggie. It'll just be a longer day of football watching. :)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I think my son's first soccer game is this Saturday. I am checking with the coach. So I will probably miss the first half.

I like the evening games myself. Gives you a chance to get things done before the game starts.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
FYI- Any mornings I do no bike we have lost or we struggled. Unless I was at the game in person. Case in point I got a flat on Saturday and had no spare.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.