True Freshmen That Played Saturday

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Mack mentioned in another thread that Cam Sims played Saturday. I checked the game participation and saw that 8 freshmen burned their redshirts Saturday.

Cam Robinson and JK Scott started.

Others:
Tony Brown
Cam Sims
Da'Shawn Hand
Shaun Hamilton
Maron Humphrey
Rashaan Evans

FAU:
Hootie Jones
Josh Frazier

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
JuCo's that played:
Reed
Pettway

JuCo's that undoubtedly will:
Jackson
Flournoy-Smith

Other freshmen???:
Betting that at least Hootie Jones does

So probably 13 of 24 minimum playing from this past signing class

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Hand definitely went in. J check the 4th quarter, IIRC that is when he went in.

Was cool to see Evans get the first tackle of the year.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
SDH also got a couple of real reps with the defense along with his special teams play.

hand did indeed play well with the reps he got. will be interesting to see to what degree he plays throughout the year

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
You talking about Ardarius Stewart? He's not a true freshman and he played a good bit especially after White got hurt as him and Black played a good bit more.
The announcers said on the last play that it was his first snap (and perhaps his last:rolleyes:) when he got the substitution penalty, but they were morons. He played a lot in the game, first and second half.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The announcers said on the last play that it was his first snap (and perhaps his last:rolleyes:) when he got the substitution penalty, but they were morons. He played a lot in the game, first and second half.
Yep and chances are it wasn't even his fault. We didn't have the best announcers for sure! Cam Sims played more than I thought he would as well at WR.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I know it's just one game, but I was highly impressed with Cam Robinson. I think my wife said it best when she said, "That's a freshman?!?"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
TTT

Hootie Jones and Josh Frazier were the only true freshmen to play this week that did not play last week. Marlon Humphrey does not show up on the participation chart. Anyone see him play?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.