Three Florida players, suspended for 10 seconds, to return for Week 2

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Re: Muschamp is a hardcore disciplinarian - 3 players back after 10-second suspension

How can they not make up the game? I mean all other teams have to play 12 regular season games, but they will only have 11? How does this work or am I missing something?
Agreed. And what of the fans who bought tickets?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Muschamp is a hardcore disciplinarian - 3 players back after 10-second suspension

Agreed. And what of the fans who bought tickets?
I think I read that UF announced that since the game started, there would be no refunds.

I can't imagine Idaho has the funds to travel to another game in Gainesville and no way Florida will pay them twice, so I assume this one is done.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

No game time lost = NO REAL SUSPENSION.... just a lawyer trick.
With or without those guys the TIDE will ROLL!!
Let everyone else worry about the thugs.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

I think I read that UF announced that since the game started, there would be no refunds.

I can't imagine Idaho has the funds to travel to another game in Gainesville and no way Florida will pay them twice, so I assume this one is done.
Makes me wonder if they knew it would be cancelled, but went ahead with the kick-off specifically so they wouldn't have to refund all that money.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

Muschamp doesn't like being questioned on his decision...

link

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I don't see that making up. Florida gets to keep the ticket money (probably not as many concessions sales as they wanted, but hey). Idaho gets their money without taking a butt whipping. No one gets a season-ending injury in a meaningless game (like, say, the o-lineman from Tennessee) and WM gets a bunch of suspensions out of their system. Not sure what the incentive is to ever tee it up.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

This just in:

1) all ticket holders will be refunded
2) Idaho will be paid the 900 (and some) thousand dollars
3) Florida will re-schedule the game sometime in 2017

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So Florida took a bath both on the field and at the box office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...daho-declared-no-contest-rescheduled-for-2017

So, Florida has only a 12 game schedule then?

Idaho will not have to make a return trip to Gainesville this year.

We finally have a resolution to the Idaho-Florida game that was canceled last weekend due to intense storms in the area, as the game has been declared a no contest. Which basically means it never happened, nor will it happen any time this season.

ONE LESS GAME TO IMPRESS
Dodd: Muschamp could have used it
Instead, the game has been rescheduled for the 2017 season -- get your tickets now! -- and Florida has agreed to pay Idaho the full $975,000 it would have owed had the game been played. So that's a pretty good road trip for the Vandals. You take the paycheck game and you get the paycheck, but not the loss.

Florida will also give any fan who purchased a ticket to the game a full refund.
And to be honest, I don't care if he lets those that were suspended play going forward. If he thought a one game punishment was sufficient -- then why penalize the kids one extra game because of weather? Leave Will alone -- he's a very sensitive fella....

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.