Three Florida players, suspended for 10 seconds, to return for Week 2

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

Florida coach Will Muschamp said the three players who were suspended for the team's season opener against Idaho, which was canceled after one play due to inclement weather, will return for the Gators' second game against Eastern Michigan.
Eastern Michigan must really have Muschamp nervous.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
Re: Three suspended Florida players to return for Week 2

So, will they be suspended for the make-up game against Idaho, or is their 1-game suspension really just a 1-play suspension?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Three suspended Florida players to return for Week 2

It sounds kind of ugly, but, really, what difference does it make in the end? Florida doesn't have anyone with a pulse until they reach Tuscaloosa.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Muschamp is a hardcore disciplinarian - 3 players back after 10-second suspension

Time served, I guess :( So, they're eligible to play in the make-up game, I take it?
Sure, why not? Surely that 10 seconds will teach them a life long lesson!

Besides, it doesn't looks like that game will get made up. Neither side seems very interested.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Muschamp is a hardcore disciplinarian - 3 players back after 10-second suspension

Sure, why not? Surely that 10 seconds will teach them a life long lesson!

Besides, it doesn't looks like that game will get made up. Neither side seems very interested.
Reminds me of Auburn under Pat Dye. Suspended for the opening kick off... Then back on the field.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Muschamp says "they will be back this week with us. Not just as far as the suspension of a game, but they've handled a lot of other things for me. Demarcus waited at the house so we could get switched over to DirectTV, Darious Simonized the family minivan and Jay-nard put new line on all my reels. Braided, not fluorocarbon."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

How about that game.....nice kickoff return! :)

As long as Coach Muschamp feels things were handled properly, that's good enough for me.

Plenty of other programs out there with disciplinary measures on the order of Swiss cheese!

BTW, these were internal suspensions - nothing to do with violations of NCAA rules.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

How about that game.....nice kickoff return! :)

As long as Coach Muschamp feels things were handled properly, that's good enough for me.

Plenty of other programs out there with disciplinary measures on the order of Swiss cheese!

BTW, these were internal suspensions - nothing to do with violations of NCAA rules.
I totally agree. All schools are subject to these kinds of behavior issues. How CWM handles his players is his business, not ours.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

You have to admit, this is a pretty strange situation. They did sit out a week of being on the first team practices. While it sort of seems light, I'm ok with it.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I could care less how Florida handles their in house punishment for players. I hope they have everybody available when they play the Tide just my opinion.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

You have to admit, this is a pretty strange situation. They did sit out a week of being on the first team practices. While it sort of seems light, I'm ok with it.
And FWIW......if the Idaho game is re-scheduled.....those 3 will still sit it out.

I don't really see the game being re-scheduled though. There's no benefit to either team....

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

There's a .gif of the game floating sound the net if you want to watch.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Yeah...this was a weird one. Muschamp must be singing, "Why Me Lord"?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

He would be better off sitting them against a team they can beat with the water boy and equipment crew .. no chance of injury.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

How can they not make up the game? I mean all other teams have to play 12 regular season games, but they will only have 11? How does this work or am I missing something?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.