Does a 2 yr old have to have a ticket at BDS

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Hypothetical situation.....My wife is nine months pregnant and goes into labor at the game. It is a close game and of course I don't want to leave. If the baby is born at the stadium, would I have to buy a ticket for the newborn?
If you painted any pictures of the baby being born you'd get sued by the University.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm not sure I would want to take a 2 year old unless he/she would really pay attention. Otherwise it's a big waste of cash not to mention it is loud and hot.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
A friend of mine has the best technique of sneaking Crown into games. He packs a diaper bag (his daughter is now around 8) with diapers, wipes, small blanket, and sippy cups filled with his bev. of choice. I have seen it work many times. Just says "My wife and the baby have already went in. We forgot the diaper bag and I had to go back and get it." Yes you still have to have a ticket regardless of age.
You might be an alcoholic if.....

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I'm not sure I would want to take a 2 year old unless he/she would really pay attention. Otherwise it's a big waste of cash not to mention it is loud and hot.
yeah our 17month old probably won't enjoy the game... we are just going to leave him at home I emailed tide pride and they said "supposed to have a ticket, but it depends on the person at the gate" We took our infant last year to every game, one game we got questioned, and them some other ticket lady said " Oh good grief let them in its a baby" for FAU, it probably won't be an issue, but you never know, be prepared to buy a ticket

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Maybe, but, you do know the modern day definition of an alcoholic, don't you?

It's "Anyone who drinks more than you do, whom you don't like..." :p_wink:
Ha, that's funny! Pretty close to the original Dylan Thomas quote, still a good one....

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It seems to me taking a two year old to a ballgame makes it very likely the parents and people seated around them will be distracted from watching the game. At best.

The child doesn't really care if it's there, and won't remember going.

It reminds me of sitting next to a squalling baby in a restaurant, or in a movie.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
Leave that child with a baby sitter.
Come to the game and jump when the TIDE makes a GREAT play!!!!!!
I would hate to see a child sitting in your lap get catapulted 6 rows because of a good TIDE play.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Hypothetical situation.....My wife is nine months pregnant and goes into labor at the game. It is a close game and of course I don't want to leave. If the baby is born at the stadium, would I have to buy a ticket for the newborn?
Tell her to hold it in until after the game. A screaming newborn would be very distracting and unpleasant for your fellow seatmates during a close game.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I wouldn't because they probably wouldn't care much for the game. We took our oldest to A day when he was 4 and again at 6. We stayed for half the scrimmage. Too hot and he was losing interest.

squeally dan

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2008
Agree with what was said above. Why waste money on a ticket for a child that age? He won't follow the game and will possibly make the people around you miserable. Babysitter all the way!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It seems to me taking a two year old to a ballgame makes it very likely the parents and people seated around them will be distracted from watching the game. At best.

The child doesn't really care if it's there, and won't remember going.

It reminds me of sitting next to a squalling baby in a restaurant, or in a movie.
You're thinking the FAU game will be captivating?

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I don't think a toddler has to have a ticket. In fact, I would advise against letting him have it - it'll either get lost or torn up. Worse yet, it's a choking hazard. I would think it more wise to let a parent or guardian hold it for him. Hope that helps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.